• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Synyster Gates Custom S golden goddess

Tumafruit

New Student
Mar 11, 2023
Hey everyone. I recently purchased a Golden goddess edition of a synyster gates custom s guitar in excellent condition. I tried finding more information on it online but came across a video on YouTube where a man claimed only 500 were made in this combination. Is this true? I can't find many photos at all or information about this exact guitar.

Attachments

• 20230308_130951.jpg
    20230308_130951.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 208
  • 20230312_145504.jpg
    20230312_145504.jpg
    592.6 KB · Views: 196

Jeremy Healey

Hot Topic Tourer
Legend+
Legend
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Newfoundland and Labrador
    The one in the picture you posted is the old model of the golden goddess (2012-2017). Tell tale signs is the skull with the top hat on the headstock, as well as the Sustainiac neck pickup and invader bridge pickup.
    As for production numbers, I can’t seem to find anywhere online claiming there was only 500 made. Can neither confirm nor deny that.
    Beautiful guitar either way! Enjoy 🤟🏻

Awex Came

Campfire Attention Holder
    Legend
    May 23, 2021
    @Awex Came usually knows his A7X gear well. Perhaps he could answer this!
    This is a tough one. 500 seems too low, but I also don’t think there was a huge amount made.

Sustainiacs weren’t added until late 2011/early 2012. In 2016 they added the satin burst models and focused on that, I don’t even think the gold goddess was still available then. Could be wrong on that, but I remember a few year period where you couldn’t get the golden goddess or red rum. If you Google the golden goddess model, most have 2 Invaders or 2 of Syn’s custom pickups. Some have an Invader & Sustainiac, but few and far between.

My guess is there was a smaller number of them made between 2012-2016 most likely but probably not as small as 500. In the end, you’d have to email Schecter for a better answer.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Eric Kane

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    The Serial Number seems to indicate it is a 2016. Schecter SNs usually start with W, then the following two numbers are the year. I didn't think they were still making the white/gold in 2016 though...

Also, I was thinking the older versions had white fretboard inlays? But I just looked up some pictures, and it seems the way older ones with double Invaders had the white inlays, and then when they started adding the sustainiac, the inlays went to gold. No idea how many were produced though. And I have never had any luck getting Schecter to respond to me by email.

Reactions: Rad Synner