• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Synyster Gates Custom S Loose Tremolo Bar

E S

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
I have a Synyster Gates Custom S, and I noticed that the tremolo bar is so loose that it always swings down and will fall out if I lean forward. Is there a way to lock it in place or something? Does anyone else have this problem? I haven't used a Floyd Rose before, so I'm not really sure what to do about this.

Eric Kane

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    There should have been a very small allen key that came with the guitar. It fits into the side of where the bar goes in to adjust how tight or loose the bar is. I wouldn't necessarily want to "lock" it in place because you need to get to the switch and controls. But you do want it tight enough that it's not going to fall out on its own, or if you barely touch it. I keep all of mine fairly loose so that they hang straight down when not in use.

Reactions: Hazanderson

Jesse Salmons

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
    Nov 11, 2019
    Indiana
    Usually it has a knob on it that tightens down onto the bridge 15E5B9B6-05C9-4998-9276-EDDED226428E.jpeg

E S

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    There should have been a very small allen key that came with the guitar. It fits into the side of where the bar goes in to adjust how tight or loose the bar is. I wouldn't necessarily want to "lock" it in place because you need to get to the switch and controls. But you do want it tight enough that it's not going to fall out on its own, or if you barely touch it. I keep all of mine fairly loose so that they hang straight down when not in use.

Just tried it, the bar didn't fall out! Thank you for the info!

Hazanderson

Free Bird Player
    Oct 26, 2020
    UK
    Thanks for the tips guys, I've had two floyd rose guitars for years now (Ibanez RG350DX & Syn's Standard) but I always just assumed that it was only the tremolo arms that screw in that stay fixed in place.

You really do learn something new everyday haha 🤦‍♂️

Synner Endless Summer Collection