• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Guitar Synyster Gates custom S whammy bar won't stay in

Sam Prinsen

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Hi, my whammy bar on my custom S won't stay in. So I screwed it in the day I got it, then I got it out again using the little hex key it came with. But now that in trying to put it back in, it won't stay in. When I looked inside the small hole the key is supposed to go in to, it doesn't have the same connection point anymore that was there before so now when I put the hex key in there, it doesn't do anything. Did something break or fall out or something? Thanks

Andrew Milner

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    andreilucianmoraru.com
    As far as I can tell from your description, you're missing the little screw thing that's supposed to go into the little hole where the whammy bar is inserted.

So basically, on the side of the area where you insert the whammy bar, there's a small hole where you must put the little screw in and then tighten it with the hex key.

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    I know from experience some screwheads eat away when being too rough with them, I think it's the type of metal being soft.
    Is it possible this may have happened? Being it a high end guitar, could it be delicate? I don't have one so I'm just taking a guess and I probably don't understand the issue

Daniel.A7x96

Garage band Groupie
    Apr 10, 2020
    As far as I can tell from your description, you're missing the little screw thing that's supposed to go into the little hole where the whammy bar is inserted.

So basically, on the side of the area where you insert the whammy bar, there's a small hole where you must put the little screw in and then tighten it with the hex key.
    any other solution for this? I got the same problem and I got the little screw but won't stay in :(