• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Synyster Gates School Report Project (Jak's June Contest)

Rute Rodrigues

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Portugal
    Also, Thanks to watch my videos. I dont know whats wrong on my Queens video, BUT on Bon Jovi I know. In that solo I had some troubles, Im already working on that, with a metronome. Then, Ill post it! I dont want to exagerate, but on my riffs page theres 2 videos of me playing live in my old music school almost 2 years ago. It would be nice if you watch it. Not just because of me, but because of the others musicians that are very good too. If you had time of course.

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    ***** WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT *****
    This was HARD. So many great entries. So many stories. So much baring of the soul and emotion and vulnerability. Some of you really put yourselves out there, and I can only imagine how scary that must have been.
    I loved all of your words. I watched many of your videos, and clicked back to older ones to see how much you’ve grown (no impact on the contest, mind you).
    In the end, it came down to two. And it was close. I made my decision, then I reached out to Jak. Since it’s her contest and her idea, she had a right to know who my choice was. She agreed, both with the final choice, and with who came in a close second.
    It was really close.
    WINNER: Rowan Morris
    HONORABLE MENTION: Anna Gufler
    Reading both of their stories was humbling – all of them were, but these two especially. I’m super proud of you all for sharing and putting your hearts into it!
    Congrats, Rowan!!!

RoaringRowanThunderBender

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Warrenton, NC
    rowm76.wixsite.com
    Oh my god…I literally just saw my email notification for this and couldn’t wait so I read it in the email. One of my friends also messaged me on IG to tell me to check the forums… I am really speechless and just in complete awe. I am complete ecstatic tears and a complete happy mess. Thank you so much for picking me.

Synner Endless Summer Collection
    J

Jak Angelescu

The main reason why I had decided to not do any more contests was to be honest, a majority of the time when I do group things participants don’t read directions. It gets very stressful when I have to be reminding people every week about what to do, where to send their submissions to, what it entails and the deadlines. When I did the birthday video for Master $hredder, I can’t even begin to tell you all how many students and fans alike got angry at me that they missed the deadline and couldn’t be a part of it. I didn’t know how much more I could do to remind people about it. It gets especially frustrating when I will specifically tell people to submit things to one specific location, and next thing I know my Facebook, Instagram, School messages and Forum posts and my emails are all getting submissions from all over the place and I have to track them all down. And then when I miss someone’s submission they get angry with me. Then when I did the contest for May, a lot of people wrote me on my Instagram accusing that nepotism was gonna be involved so participating wasn’t even going to be worth their time. Not to mention it was very difficult for me to financially do this every single month. As Captain Ed can attest, it takes a lot of time to select the winner. And right now my schedule is being a little bit selective. But when I had Kfir and Raven chime in with donations for the prize, and Ed so wonderfully taking the load of choosing the winner off my back, it made it a hell of a lot more fun. I do these contests to help keep people engaged and to build the community. And I have seen the community come to life so much with this last contest and everybody was more connected. We all got to share and discover wonderful things about one another and that was completely priceless to me. Another student reached out to me and had a great idea that in my humble opinion is a 1,000 times more fun than what I’ve done. So if anybody else wants to step up on stage and get creative, I pass the torch to you 👏👏🎀🎀

This reply was modified 4 months ago by  Jak Angelescu.

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Understandable jak. I wouldnt want to waste my time. That’s why I’m not too interested in trying to take charge cause it seems to fade away and its disappointing to me. If anyone else continues I’ll jump in but at this point I’m not really in any position to do Anymore.