• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Synyster Gates tones using the Axe Fx 3 and his Cab Packs

Rymydy

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
I honestly meant to tag him, i just didn't know how, I figured maybe he would see it since it said "Captain Ed's Kitchen", but i didn't know if it would auto tag him or not, I'm really new to using the forum lol, thank you guys!!

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
The fact that you can do literally anything you can there has to be tons of ways to get close to his tone. All I can tell you man is go through every pretense and distort it.. etc. Play with channels. You may not find syns tone but I bet you find your tone.

Reactions: Rymydy

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    For the heavy tones, start with the 5153 Red - the original 5150 MkIII was the foundation for the Hellwin, which was engineered by the same guy to Syn's specs. From there, whichever 4x12 in the cab pack suits your fancy - the Boner (Bogner), Hellwin, etc. The Stage cab is the one, I believe, a 1x12 Syn used live for part of The Stage tour. The Syn's Iso Cab is (I think) the same cab in an isolating box with a hard-mounted microphone. This is done for consistency night after night.

On the Clean tones, I forget the amp choice I've played with, but Syn uses the Princely (Princeton) and Sound Kitchen cabs for that sort of thing much of the time. There are many posts on the subject, and I have some videos, as well.

I can send you some of my presets to play with, though I do have to say that I do NOT tone match, Syn or anyone. I build tones I like for myself. That said, Hector and others have found my tones to be a great starting point for finding their own tones. PM me your email if you want me to send them to you, but please watch the videos first - they will help you understand a little better.

Reactions: Rymydy and idssdi
    Synner Endless Summer Collection