• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Suggestion Tab Book Correction

DXMG503

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Many parts of the official A7X tab books are totally incorrect. It would be really cools if Syn, Papa, or someone else with the knowledge, could do a series of videos/posts on the proper way to play the incorrect sections. Or maybe even updated books.

For example:
  • The Beast and the Harlot intro is shown on the wrong string.
  • Sidewinder's 2nd acoustic solo has a pentatonic scale lick shown as doubles (alternate picking) when it should be tripples and singles (economy picking).
  • The Wicked End solo's 2nd introductory lick is incorrect.
  • Scream solo is totally incorrect, missing notes and played the wrong way.

Upvote 0

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Definitely understand where you're coming from, and it's become common knowledge that while a lot of Syn tabs get the NOTES right, they totally flub the fingering, even in the "official" tabs.

There was an effort Syn had going on with one of the advanced students to do this with a select number of songs, and I expect it will launch at some time, but there's no new information at the moment, and Syn's kinda busy right now.

PS: I wouldn't expect the tab books to be updated. It's expensive and City of Evil's book has been out for 17 years now - it ain't getting fixed.

Upvote 0

DXMG503

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    Definitely understand where you're coming from, and it's become common knowledge that while a lot of Syn tabs get the NOTES right, they totally flub the fingering, even in the "official" tabs.

There was an effort Syn had going on with one of the advanced students to do this with a select number of songs, and I expect it will launch at some time, but there's no new information at the moment, and Syn's kinda busy right now.

PS: I wouldn't expect the tab books to be updated. It's expensive and City of Evil's book has been out for 17 years now - it ain't getting fixed.
    That would be super cool! I just hope that at some point there is some clarity on how these parts are played.

Upvote 0