• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Tabs, Backing and ALL that costs

I try not to dupe but couldn't find an answer. I and way many musicians pay other sites for A7X music, tabs, scores and the list goes on.
Is there a "suggested" list of providers Syngates approve of or suggest?
SYNGATES (the best)
Ultimate Tabs
Musescore
YouTube Premium
Amazon (equip and mp3)
I pay these places happily but is there a better answer? YES!
I don't know what that is.
HELP!!!!

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
Use your ear.. thats probably the best tab. I mean.. if you know the scales well enough the dots are easy to connect. I dont spent time or a lot of time learning syn solos but if I did I'd be slowing it right down and trying to identify the scales he used. I feel it'd.get.easier woth each song.

Reactions: Gregg's_SYNquest

Jesse Salmons

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
Nov 11, 2019
Indiana
Honestly if you’re just trying to learn these solo’s, I recommend Songsterr or watching a good cover on YouTube and using the slow down feature to learn the notes. Tabs a lot of times will get you in the ballpark, but sometimes its best to use other methods

David Aceves

Local Dive Bar Favorite
Nov 11, 2019
I try not to dupe but couldn't find an answer. I and way many musicians pay other sites for A7X music, tabs, scores and the list goes on.
Is there a "suggested" list of providers Syngates approve of or suggest?
SYNGATES (the best)
Ultimate Tabs
Musescore
YouTube Premium
Amazon (equip and mp3)
I pay these places happily but is there a better answer? YES!
I don't know what that is.
HELP!!!!
Ultimate tabs is good, those are all good resources but as @Calvin Phillips pointed out try using your ear and use the tabs as a way to correct yourself. It's something I'm working on as well. It will be well worth it

Reactions: Gregg's_SYNquest

redlipsofdeceit

Local Dive Bar Favorite
Contest Winner!
  • Oct 21, 2020
    Brazil
    www.instagram.com
    Honestly if you’re just trying to learn these solo’s, I recommend Songsterr or watching a good cover on YouTube and using the slow down feature to learn the notes. Tabs a lot of times will get you in the ballpark, but sometimes its best to use other methods
    To me, a beginner, YouTube tutorials are very helpful, 'cause I still have a hard time figuring out the strumming pattern of a song. And learning something by ear is wayyyyy out of my league rn.

Synner Endless Summer Collection
    There's song books from Hal-Leonard, I got 3 of them, says "Recorded Versions Guitar, Authentic Transcriptions with Notes and Tablature".
    I think they're official, one I bought was $19.95 other 2 were gifts
    I learned a few things with old Hal-Leonard. He wrote the book I hated the most....theoryo_O

To me, a beginner, YouTube tutorials are very helpful, 'cause I still have a hard time figuring out the strumming pattern of a song. And learning something by ear is wayyyyy out of my league rn.
    I try to use any and ALL avenues in search of good help. YouTube IS one of the best for sure at 50%!