• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Take a break, have a meme

Jesse Salmons

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
Nov 11, 2019
Indiana
Old, but alas, gold.

Attachments

• 90011395-92F5-40CC-9D51-2F353A7650F6.jpeg
    90011395-92F5-40CC-9D51-2F353A7650F6.jpeg
    81.8 KB · Views: 145
Synner Endless Summer Collection

Nocturne

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Dec 1, 2019
    France
    Are you related to the Dooo?
    Well, that's kinda obvious regarding my talent for guitar, isn't it? :LOL: Just kidding, this guy is out of this world.
    Our of curiosity, why do you don a mask ? Is it just to remain anonymous, for fun, because you like it and it’s a cool ass mask ? ....it really is an awesome mask.
    Thank you, that's so nice of you 😊 For all of these reasons haha! I always loved masks and drawing masks. And when I was thinking about starting to do some videos of myself playing guitar, I was kinda torn between my will not to just cut my head off screen to be able to jump everywhere when I wanted to, and my reluctance to show myself in front of a camera. I feel much less discomfort while doing a video or when I post it while wearing it. And it just feels awesome to wear something that you like, drew and shaped to be exactly the way you wanted it to be. Plus you avoid that moment when you see on a video the guitar face you did while you were playing.

Last edited:

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    Well, that's kinda obvious regarding my talent for guitar, isn't it? :LOL: Just kidding, this guy is out of this world.

Thank you, that's so nice of you 😊 For all of these reasons haha! I always loved masks and drawing masks. And when I was thinking about starting to do some videos of myself playing guitar, I was kinda torn between my will not to just cut my head off screen to be able to jump everywhere when I wanted to, and my reluctance to show myself in front of a camera. I feel much less discomfort while doing a video or when I post it while wearing it. And it just feels awesome to wear something that you like, drew and shaped to be exactly the way you wanted it to be. Plus you avoid that moment when you see on a video the guitar face you did while you were playing.
    I think this is freaking amazing ! I personally love it ! It’s amazing you created it yourself too! That’s so badass ! I was just genuinely curious. I totally get the anonymity thing too. Keep rocking the mask ! 🤘🏻

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina

Also I know the guitar face well lol. I look like a mean bitch when I’m playing and focusing and that’s not my personality at all 😂

• Haha
    Reactions: Nocturne

Lindsey

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 16, 2019
    The Netherlands
    www.instagram.com

That's why I don't have a head, haha.
    I've thought of making a mask. It would look very similar to yours, because it's awesome. I still haven't gotten around it. I have two black plaque doctor masks lying around waiting to be painted, but those are just not perfect enough

• Love
    Reactions: Nocturne

Nocturne

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Dec 1, 2019
    France
    That's why I don't have a head, haha.
    I've thought of making a mask. It would look very similar to yours, because it's awesome. I still haven't gotten around it. I have two black plaque doctor masks lying around waiting to be painted, but those are just not perfect enough
    I can only encourage you to do it and express your creativity, you won't regret it! Mine isn't perfect too, I just went and did my best with what I had, I just will do a better one in the future. And if you finally do it, please show me!

• Love
    Reactions: Lindsey

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    I can only encourage you to do it and express your creativity, you won't regret it! Mine isn't perfect too, I just went and did my best with what I had, I just will do a better one in the future. And if you finally do it, please show me!
    Dang I should wear my Selfmade Jim root Mask in my Videos!

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    It's not that good. It was a cheap plastic mask I cut and covered in papier mache to get that Jim Root look :D

The original mask from "Halloween" - yes, THAT Halloween - was a $3 William Shatner Star Trek kids mask.

Once you make something your own, it ceases to be what it was, and its inherent value can change drastically.