• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Thank You All For Another Successful Masterclass

J

Jak Angelescu

Wow...
We got so many new students involved and the class was bigger this time around. But to be honest, the feedback was incredible. I'm so thankful that I've been able to share Bill with all of you and have him help you all like he's helped me. I know I talk about him a lot, but I always did for a reason. The first masterclass came around and the response was amazing. Then the second one came around, and I wasn't sure if we were going to get enough to sign up to actually make it happen. But just a few more posts about what we're going to learn along with some encouraging comments from other students seemed to really push the final straw and I couldn't be more thankful. Also, there were some students who were on the fence. Some who were shy, nervous, intimidated. But they took the leap and they had fun. THOSE were the students I was so glad to see glowing feedback from.

I'm beyond thankful. I really, REALLY am. On a personal note, Bill has been busting his ass off for over 20 years to make his name in the music industry well-known. That guy's story is....wow. You all thought MY story was tough? Getting to know him more personally has really opened my eyes to just how much hard work it's going to take for ANYONE to make it in ANYTHING. I remember when in one private lesson, I played for him a song I have a big audition coming up with and he said, "You need to play this every day. Like, EVERY...SINGLE...DAY. You got bullshit with your dad going on? Fuck that shit. You ain't got time for that. Once you step on that stage for that audition, nobody cares about your feelings. You fuck up onstage? No one in the audience cares if you had a bad day. You put that shit to the side and you make it happen."

He and Syn have both been true mentors to me. I see Syn on this glorious platform of awesomeness and he shares his work ethics with me and Bill says, "Okay. You wanna be like THAT guy? This is what you gotta do." It's not just with learning guitar. Bill has gone even down to the bones of helping me learn how to handle live situations, big auditions, what to expect, what to be ready for, what kind of gear i need to start thinking about getting.

Syn has given me the knowledge, Bill is helping me make it my life now.

With all of this being said, some of you know and some of you don't, but there's SO much musically I'm working on now. I have a big audition for the biggest opportunity of my life coming up in November, plus my band is nailing it hard in the studio for the release of our long-awaited music, and Bill is also pulling in 4-8 hour days for his NorthTale recordings on top of private students AND doing session work. With this being said, this was our last masterclass for a long time. Most likely until December 1st time frame.

Because the merch team is still figuring out how to add tickets to the site and we're still working on fully merging with Bill to see if this is going to be permanent, right now everything falls on me and it's A LOT to take care of. I love doing it. But I won't have the time to do it again for a while. So for all of you that have participated, thank you. I really mean it.

You all are my family. My friends. Just... wow....
Almost 3 years I've been on this site. 3...fucking...years. It's time to make these dreams happen.
I love you guys so much! But this also means you'll see me a little bit more active on the school again :) Love you guys!

Momma Cat Jak

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    It was awesome. And yeah - Bill speaks truth. Once you step out on a stage - any stage - no one cares what happened 5 minutes, 5 hours, 5 days, or 5 years ago. Do you have "it?" If not, get the fuck outta here. So have it. Whatever it takes. Great stuff, Jak! Another notch in the Jak-Belt!

Rockerchick

Garage band Groupie
    Jun 9, 2020
    Wow...
    We got so many new students involved and the class was bigger this time around. But to be honest, the feedback was incredible. I'm so thankful that I've been able to share Bill with all of you and have him help you all like he's helped me. I know I talk about him a lot, but I always did for a reason. The first masterclass came around and the response was amazing. Then the second one came around, and I wasn't sure if we were going to get enough to sign up to actually make it happen. But just a few more posts about what we're going to learn along with some encouraging comments from other students seemed to really push the final straw and I couldn't be more thankful. Also, there were some students who were on the fence. Some who were shy, nervous, intimidated. But they took the leap and they had fun. THOSE were the students I was so glad to see glowing feedback from.

I'm beyond thankful. I really, REALLY am. On a personal note, Bill has been busting his ass off for over 20 years to make his name in the music industry well-known. That guy's story is....wow. You all thought MY story was tough? Getting to know him more personally has really opened my eyes to just how much hard work it's going to take for ANYONE to make it in ANYTHING. I remember when in one private lesson, I played for him a song I have a big audition coming up with and he said, "You need to play this every day. Like, EVERY...SINGLE...DAY. You got bullshit with your dad going on? Fuck that shit. You ain't got time for that. Once you step on that stage for that audition, nobody cares about your feelings. You fuck up onstage? No one in the audience cares if you had a bad day. You put that shit to the side and you make it happen."

He and Syn have both been true mentors to me. I see Syn on this glorious platform of awesomeness and he shares his work ethics with me and Bill says, "Okay. You wanna be like THAT guy? This is what you gotta do." It's not just with learning guitar. Bill has gone even down to the bones of helping me learn how to handle live situations, big auditions, what to expect, what to be ready for, what kind of gear i need to start thinking about getting.

With all of this being said, some of you know and some of you don't, but there's SO much musically I'm working on now. I have a big audition for the biggest opportunity of my life coming up in November, plus my band is nailing it hard in the studio for the release of our long-awaited music, and Bill is also pulling in 4-8 hour days for his NorthTale recordings on top of private students AND doing session work. With this being said, this was our last masterclass for a long time. Most likely until December 1st time frame.

Because the merch team is still figuring out how to add tickets to the site and we're still working on fully merging with Bill to see if this is going to be permanent, right now everything falls on me and it's A LOT to take care of. I love doing it. But I won't have the time to do it again for a while. So for all of you that have participated, thank you. I really mean it.

Almost 3 years I've been on this site. 3...fucking...years. It's time to make these dreams happen.
    I love you guys so much! But this also means you'll see me a little bit more active on the school again :) Love you guys!

Momma Cat Jak
    I absolutely loved the master class. It was a blast I learned a lot and the theory will really help me with my theory college course.

J

Jak Angelescu

I mean, the masterclass was cool and all but Jak, you really have to Stop harassing me in the private Chat while Bill is talking!
    You're a dick! 🤣🤣 OMG that was so funny!! Every time I'd say something to someone you'd private message me and it would make me say it to you privately!!🤣🤣🤣 I was so confused for like 5 minutes!🤣🤣

Synner Endless Summer Collection

ari.mac

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 16, 2020
    Italy
    Thanks for everything Jak!! The Masterclass with Bill was awesome and the theory was explained perfectly. I'm sure it will help me progress a lot!! Wish you the best for the audition and for the band music release  🖤🖤🖤🖤 also, if you are on this thread, thanks to whoever offered the sposts on yesterday's masterclass ❤

Christian Schulze

Hot Topic Tourer
    Rockstar Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    Spain
    Wow...

Momma Cat Jak
    I feel soo happy that this turned out so well. It feels like some fresh blood has been added to the school. And I truly hope that this lights a fire under the students ass!

On another note, Jak I wish you much luck with the audition! Bill is right, nobody cares about what happened, only about the results to give them hell!

Cody Dusenberry

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
    Nov 11, 2019
    The masterclass was incredible. I obtained more knowledge from Bill in that session than I had in a week of trying to figure out myself. After the class it was like I had a rekindled excitement for guitar that I felt had been missing for some time!!! Many thanks to You, Bill, and Syn for setting up this amazing experience!! Wishing you luck with your band and your audition!!!!

Reactions: Mariler