• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

The Best Compression Pedals?

Dom Gibson

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Hey!
I’m looking for a cheapish Compression pedal to add to my rig and was wondering what’s the best one to get?
Looking for your opinions and if its not too much to ask could you say your pro’s and con’s on what pedal you have since you’ve used it?
Thanks all! 🤘🤘

Christopher Lonski

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
My advice is to buy quality. Never buy cheap, just save up for the stuff your ultimately going to be happy with. I always site a Ben Franklin quote- “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”. Thats being said, if you wanna buy some of the better ones I would go with Keeley compressors, those are pretty top notch. If you want something a little cheaper that is still great, take a look at the TC Electronics Hyper Gravity compressor. I am a HUGE fan of ALL of TC Electronics stuff. Such great tone quality and most of them have a USB connector for “toneprints” which is where you can hook them up to your computer and edit A BUNCH of extra settings and parameters that they couldnt fit on the front of the pedal so you can really dial in a ton of different sounds. A lot of artists have also uploaded their own toneprints so you can download artists settings. They are pretty dope.

TheMighty Jambi

Campfire Attention Holder
Nov 11, 2019
Check out the MXR Dynacomp. I think you can get that one for 80 bucks on Amazon and it’s pretty nice. My favorite though is the Keeley Compressor Plus and I think they have that one on their site for sale right now for 130. I love that pedal and the people at Keeley are awesome.

Brian Haner Sr.

Papa
Staff member
Legend+
Fucking Legend
Nov 11, 2019
My favorite compression pedal is the Wampler Ego Comp – but it’s pricey. I think the best bang for your buck is going to be the MXR Dyna Comp or the Mooer Yellow Comp. Both are relatively inexpensive and work great.

Synner Endless Summer Collection