• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

The Biggest Contest Is In The Books! Thank You All!

SGSIGTeam

Free Bird Player
Jan 10, 2021
Well, this was sure a lot of fun! (No we don't announce the winner here so if this bores you we are so sorry;))

We really wanted to kick the year off with a bang. Last year sucked. And so far this year is sucking. So our team tried to make it not suck by issuing the biggest contest of the year. We've been poking around on the site and realized the contest brought a LOT of new students to the site! Many of you posted your very first riffs, posted your very first questions, and more. So with all of this, if you think the winner is the real winner you're sadly mistaken.

We're gonna feel a little selfish and say we're the real winners here because we feel we accomplished something we really didn't intend to. We just wanted to make one hardworking student very, VERY happy. But not only will this happen, ALL OF YOU made US in turn, VERY VERY happy. Pat yourselves on the back.

We'd really like to thank the following people who helped make this happen:
@Alicia Willis for answering a billion questions while we sipped on margaritas at our timeshare condos in Maui (hey we can dream, right?)
@alexj For posting up the little doohicky at the top so students could be reminded every time they logged on
You, the students for putting so much effort into it
@Radu-Cristian Perde For making extra humorous content we could hijack so we could be lazy for the day
@Jak Angelescu and @Jamie London for brainstorming this wild idea and organizing it

And of course the entire team behind the SGIG page for pushing this to the limits, and beyond.

We'd like to take this time though to talk about why we DID choose the winner we chose...

You see, we had a little trick up our sleeves. Although we wanted you to do stuff with a lesson and all of that other goodness, what we were REALLY looking for was a personality that jumped out with passion. But we didn't want to say this because we wanted the students to be real. We wanted to see YOU, and who YOU really are. It didn't matter how fancy your video edits were. It didn't matter how complex your composition was. It didn't matter if you were like Radu and popped out 0-3-5 on the cello/standing bass. We wanted to see passion. And we found it.

We cannot wait to announce our winner tomorrow! Thank you all so much for participating!

Keep shredding!

~The SGIG Team

Gabby Heafy

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Apr 5, 2020
    www.instagram.com
    What nice words!! I am very happy to be part of this family, I love to see everyone help each other!!!! I wish i could participated but I am very beginner, and I dont have my guitar, so Im organizing so that I can buy a new one and start the lessons from the beginning, thank you for everything!! I hope soon to know who will be the big winner!! :) all of you have my support in how little I can contribute!! love u all! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!! ❤️ 🤘 😘 😘

Last edited:

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    Honestly thank you for putting the time to organize such contest. Really, this has brought out the best this school has to offer and seeing all those new faces was really fucking cool.

Whoever the winner is, she/he will fucking deserve it, that's for sure! I've seen so much hard work. And you're right, all the fanciness doesn't matter because in the end, for some people its much more difficult to film themselves playing and then posting the video than it is for some other. To all those people who surmounted this obstacle, I salute you!

PS: Glad my video gave you a day off of producing content, y'all are doing a great Job, im sure!

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    You guys are absolutely phenomenal, and again major kudos to Jak and Jamie for the cool idea ! The SGSIG team has been absolutely amazing with accommodating everyone and listening to feedback and really making that page the best it can be !
    Congratulations to the winner, whomever you may be !
    I’m going to go stalk the Instagram page now because even I don’t know who won ! 😁

redlipsofdeceit

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Contest Winner!
  • Oct 21, 2020
    Brazil
    www.instagram.com
    Kudos to everyone responsible for this contest! You guys have worked your asses off to make it happen, and the results were amazing! You are the best! Even though I didn't send a submission, I'm very happy, 'cause I could see some people pour their hearts out in the videos, so I think I have an idea about who the winner is...
    Anyways, congrats to the winner (and to everyone who participated; I know how hard it is to overcome your fear of posting something and being exposed and stuff, so everyone who did that is amazing!).
    I love this school more every day. Joining this family was one of the best things I've made in my life! You guys rule! :rock-hand:
    Much love ❤

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Aightball

Garage band Groupie
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Iowa
    aightball.wordpress.com
    Well, this was sure a lot of fun! (No we don't announce the winner here so if this bores you we are so sorry;))

We really wanted to kick the year off with a bang. Last year sucked. And so far this year is sucking. So our team tried to make it not suck by issuing the biggest contest of the year. We've been poking around on the site and realized the contest brought a LOT of new students to the site! Many of you posted your very first riffs, posted your very first questions, and more. So with all of this, if you think the winner is the real winner you're sadly mistaken.

We're gonna feel a little selfish and say we're the real winners here because we feel we accomplished something we really didn't intend to. We just wanted to make one hardworking student very, VERY happy. But not only will this happen, ALL OF YOU made US in turn, VERY VERY happy. Pat yourselves on the back.

We'd really like to thank the following people who helped make this happen:
    @Alicia Willis for answering a billion questions while we sipped on margaritas at our timeshare condos in Maui (hey we can dream, right?)
    @alexj For posting up the little doohicky at the top so students could be reminded every time they logged on
    You, the students for putting so much effort into it
    @Radu-Cristian Perde For making extra humorous content we could hijack so we could be lazy for the day
    @Jak Angelescu and @Jamie London for brainstorming this wild idea and organizing it

And of course the entire team behind the SGIG page for pushing this to the limits, and beyond.

We'd like to take this time though to talk about why we DID choose the winner we chose...

You see, we had a little trick up our sleeves. Although we wanted you to do stuff with a lesson and all of that other goodness, what we were REALLY looking for was a personality that jumped out with passion. But we didn't want to say this because we wanted the students to be real. We wanted to see YOU, and who YOU really are. It didn't matter how fancy your video edits were. It didn't matter how complex your composition was. It didn't matter if you were like Radu and popped out 0-3-5 on the cello/standing bass. We wanted to see passion. And we found it.

We cannot wait to announce our winner tomorrow! Thank you all so much for participating!

Keep shredding!

~The SGIG Team
    Thank you for a fun contest! As a green beginner, it's nice to know we're all welcome in the contests! As I said in the video, one of the reasons I like this school is that all skill levels are welcome! I saw some awesome entries and I wish everyone good luck!

Jamie London

GYNNER
    Staff member
  • Nov 11, 2019
    California
    synner.com
    Well, y'all DID kind of mention heart and soul a lot in the posts. I'm just glad so many people turned out! Good luck to whomever is the chosen one! I'm glad everyone seemed to like it! Fist bump to you Mr. London! @Jamie London
    Right back at ya home girl 😎
    What a killer response from everyone.
    So stoked to see who the winner is! 😄

Synner Endless Summer Collection

beatrix

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Sep 19, 2020
    Italy
    THANK YOU guys for giving us this wonderful opportunity, this team is simply amazing, like this school, and i am truly PROUD to be part of it. good luck to those who participated, this contest has been GREAT and i can’t wait to see who the winner is. can’t wait for the next things you guys are organising as well, i’m so excited. you made this school the best place EVER, really. 🤙🤙 i did not partecipate for some reasons BUT it’s been fun creating the solo and trying to make it real even if -shame on me😶😶- some shit happened.

this school is getting BIGGER and BIGGER every single day, you guys of the team are truly killing it. - i feel safe here, like i’m in a family, and that’s the same for everyone.

keep rocking guys🤘💖

Matt Wildcat

The Fierce Deity
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    UK
    Massive thank you to the team for this awesome contest and this awesome opportunity! One of the things I love about these contests is seeing everyone trying their hardest to improve, taking huge first steps or simply upping their game, and learning so much along the way, which is amazing!!! THIS is one of the many, many reasons why I love this community so much! You guys all rock!! ALL OF YOU! 🤘 💀 🤘 ❤️

RoaringRowanThunderBender

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Warrenton, NC
    rowm76.wixsite.com
    Haha, I had to wait a bit so I was actually awake and could read and type everything. But thank all of y’all so very much! Even some people who may not be mentioned but are behind the scenes. I’m thankful we get to have opportunities like this and it really would not be possible without all of you. Thank you guys for all of the fun and trying to engage with all of us. Thank you to the judges who sit there and have the hard decision of picking a winner and for taking the time to make sure everyone gets their moment to shine! We really appreciate every single one of you and our admins. It may not be said as much as it needs to be, but thank you and we love you. ❤️

Batbia

Music Theory Bragger
  • Jan 11, 2021
    Brazil
    A great shoutout not only to the people who worked so hard to bring this contest to life, but also to all the students who haven't spared their efforts to make all these videos. You all are responsible for making this contest HUGE!

It was a real pleasure to be a part of it, and we all know this is a contest with so many winners. Though only one will take the prize pack home, we all already won something with this. For me, the real prize was discovering that my capacities are really beyond what I imagined!

Also, being able to restart my musical journey, now with this wonderful community by my side, is a really great gift too!

Again, thanks for this amazing opportunity! 🖤🤘🏼🎸