• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

The Genious of Lenny Breau

Christian Schulze

Hot Topic Tourer
Rockstar Student
Nov 11, 2019
Spain
Whaddup Synners!

I know I have been kinda annoying about the master Lenny Breau, but I feel like I am obliged to share as much about him as I can, since he is not much known.

In order to do so, I wanted to share with you some songs of his that I fell in love with:

And if you are curious about him a bit more, here is a link to a documentary that his daughter made about him.

I am by no means a jazz expert, I have not listened to the greats on purpose yet, but they are on my list, but regardless of me not knowing the jazz greats and having them as a yardstick to measure…I have to say that this man was a genius and a source of great inspiration (I believe he actually got me back into jazz and actually gave me a reason to learn it eventually).

Finally my little tribute here, I fell in love with his beautiful technique and by no means am I there yet (I actually feel like a blasphemer by doing this), but someday I want to master this technique as much as I am able in this lifetime.

Javier Wienarjati

Campfire Attention Holder
Dec 7, 2021
Indonesia
www.instagram.com
Well I have a Boss Katana and there I used a tape echo. I only have a looper pedal.
Just watched some review on youtube about tape echo boss katana. Really cool eh.. Mine only an old Rolland cube 20x😆, so I have to use delay pedal for time delay. Maybe I should propose my dad to upgrade it to Boss Katana. LOL
Do we still need audio interface to use those effect in boss katana?

• Haha
Reactions: Christian Schulze

Christian Schulze

Hot Topic Tourer
Rockstar Student
Nov 11, 2019
Spain
Well the boss Katana has a Boss tone studio. Which is a program that lets you make up to 8 effects presets!
As interface...the amp itself works as interface. You can plug it into a pc through a Cable.

My Katana is the original 100 katana. And my next amp I am sure will be the katana MK2 which has even more effects.

Really really great amp.

• Love
Reactions: Javier Wienarjati

Javier Wienarjati

Dec 7, 2021
Indonesia
www.instagram.com
Well the boss Katana has a Boss tone studio. Which is a program that lets you make up to 8 effects presets!
As interface...the amp itself works as interface. You can plug it into a pc through a Cable.

My Katana is the original 100 katana. And my next amp I am sure will be the katana MK2 which has even more effects.

Really really great amp.
Oooww..coolll.. no need audio interface.
Well, mom dad bought me focusrite solo last month, so sometimes I use guitar rig preset on DAW (which I'm not so comfortable because I have to use headphone, no audio monitor yet). But yeah I'm sure my proposal will be rejected.😆

Thanks for the info man. I think I will try to steal your tone with tape echo in my guitar rig. Lol😂
Thankyou

• Haha
Synner Endless Summer Collection

Javier Wienarjati

Dec 7, 2021
Indonesia
www.instagram.com
Well my tone is a mix of chorus. Delay and reverb. So have fun with it!

On another note. I want to get into playing with an interface ....might make practicing and recording a bit easier XD
Noted 📝📝
I've got a lot of homework about delay from my teacher. Your trick and beautiful tone gave me some idea.😻
Yes, easier recording and better result too.