• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

The Guitar Fretboard Layout – Lesson 6

OldBreakDown

Free Bird Player
Dec 4, 2019
I was that one guy that skipped all of this when I first picked up guitar. I went straight to how to play solos, alternate pick, sweep pick, and economy pick (certainly haven’t succeeded in those perfectly at all either, it’s gonna take a while.)! So I’m currently memorizing all of the different 12 chromatic scales and applying them to the different strings.

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
Just did the first six lessons and already have learned so much. Thank you for doing this. Can't wait to dive in to the next ones.
Make sure you spend a lot of time memorizing the open chords coming up. They are there for the later lessons and you'll never bar a chord in those lessons if you can't do it open. I also challenge you to try playing those open chords WITHOUT your index. I'm not sure which lesson but pg will explain why as you go along.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

luiscamilo

New Student
Apr 25, 2021
Hi everyone, I'm learning a lot of here, thank you for this oportunity, it is a double challenge because my native language is Spanish but I understand everything you said in the videos, I think that learn how to play guitar is like learning another language, I didn't even know the name of the cords, this is exciting and it gets better each video. I've never had a guitar in my hands before and I really hope to learn how to play it.

Brian Haner Sr.

Papa
Staff member
Legend+
Fucking Legend
Nov 11, 2019
Hi everyone, I'm learning a lot of here, thank you for this oportunity, it is a double challenge because my native language is Spanish but I understand everything you said in the videos, I think that learn how to play guitar is like learning another language, I didn't even know the name of the cords, this is exciting and it gets better each video. I've never had a guitar in my hands before and I really hope to learn how to play it.
Holá Luis!
Bienvenido!

Gabby Heafy

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Apr 5, 2020
    www.instagram.com
    Bienvenido!! :money-face:

ari.mac

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 16, 2020
    Italy
    Welcome!!!!!!

Reactions: luiscamilo

Cleo.Black

One Stringer
    Jul 5, 2022
    Thank you so much, Cleo!
    The great thing is that I am putting time aside to learn and do something for myself which is rare as I usually get caught up with all the other practical and boring day to day 'stuff' that life throws at me. I'm practicing on an acoustic right now as that's all I have but I am going to treat myself to an electric guitar before the end of the month once I work out what would be best to go for. Everyone in the community is being really helpful so I am sure I will find my perfect guitar soon. Thanks again for this amazing school and opportunity. I can only imagine the amount of time, effort and skill that has gone in to it. It is so kind of the Synner team to offer it for free as well.

Reactions: Mattrobin90