• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

The Guitar Tab

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    What Calvin is saying is correct. The tab books often have the notes right but not the right fingering so that's why I wouldn't necessarily recommend them.

That being said, all I will say is that we know a lot of people are asking for accurate way to play the A7X solo. Syn heard y'all loud and clear and something is in the work for that. When will it be released? When it will be ready!

Jeremy Healey

Hot Topic Tourer
    Legend+
    Legend
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Newfoundland and Labrador
    I got all the Hal tab books and when I didn’t know anything about playing properly, I could even tell they weren’t the proper way. Thought I was crazy then, but now that I know proper stuff and heard other people say the same I know I wasn’t crazy aha.
    But watching videos definitely does help. When I tried to learn the MIA solo, Syn has a video of himself playing it on his Instagram and just seeing how he playing it helped me immensely.
    On a side note, I’ve found that the “official tabs” on ultimate-guitar to be a bit more accurate than the tab books 👍🏻 Only downside is you need a paid subscription to view the pro tabs, but they are great imo

Reactions: Ed Seith
    T

TheRedMageGuitarist

Hey there buddy! The Hal Leonard books are great for rhythm parts and to kind of guide you on the lead parts. But I agree with Radu and Calvin. There's something 100% official coming to the site for this and it will help you so much, more than the books.
    But you know what? It doesn't hurt to try the books out anyway to get yourself a start!!

But even most videos are kind of wrong, depending on if you want to play it like the recording. Because like Calvin said, Syn changes things up a lot!

Reactions: Ed Seith

John Robinson

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Nashville tn.
    Hey there buddy! The Hal Leonard books are great for rhythm parts and to kind of guide you on the lead parts. But I agree with Radu and Calvin. There's something 100% official coming to the site for this and it will help you so much, more than the books.
    But you know what? It doesn't hurt to try the books out anyway to get yourself a start!!

But even most videos are kind of wrong, depending on if you want to play it like the recording. Because like Calvin said, Syn changes things up a lot!
    i used the books to get me through the boring stuff,holding the guitar,tuning,stuff like that,im here for the meat and potatoes of playing

Synner Endless Summer Collection