• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

The Major 7 Arpeggio - Lesson 107

Shumu

Local Dive Bar Favorite
May 10, 2020
Bucharest
shumustudios.com
Thank you, Papa Gates! Also, the description of the lesson is pure gold. I've heard Syn mention "enclosure" in the masterclass in which he plays jazz manouche, but didn't get the concept. The description here is all that's needed. And there's so much to be gained from this approach. For example, an A minor arpeggio. Instead of enclosing the A note between G and B, it sounds just amazing between G# and B. I'd say even darker between G# and Bb. Then the E note enclosed between Eb and F. Tons of cool ideas. So huge, huge thanks to both of you!

Shumu

Local Dive Bar Favorite
May 10, 2020
Bucharest
shumustudios.com
I remembered that I have a diagram enclosing the notes of the G major arpeggio. I've encountered this idea before but for some reason haven't paid attention to it. Hopefully this will be of some help for someone. Cheers!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-26 163703.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-26 163703.png
    50.1 KB · Views: 42