• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard

The Old A7X Forums: Resurrected?

Daniel Sobota

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Dubrovnik, Croatia
As you may or may not know, Avenged had their official forums on their website from 2015 to 2016. The forum was shut down the day before The Stage, the album, was released. I really enjoyed that community, even with all the fights that were happening (maybe I had some input in that. Just a little bit…), so it would be cool if this place became the new meeting ground for Avenged fans. Of course, the main focus is on guitar players (even on lame beginners like me!), but I think this place can become a hot spot for non-musicians who just like Avenged Sevenfold.
So go tell your friends about this community, it would be great if we could “resurrect” the old forums, so to speak.

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
I Think we shouldn’t have to many non-guitar related stuff on here. Since personally I’m pretty lazy and I don’t really want to scroll to hundreds of different non-guitar related topics before I find the topic that i need to answer my questions. I’m not entirely sure but maybe deathbat nation has/could get a Forum section.

Daniel Sobota

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Good point. However, I don’t think Deathbat Nation will have a forum. I remember speaking to the admin of the old forum (she is now the admin of Deathbat Nation as well), and she said that the forum was too hard to maintain for her.
It would be the best if the forum is dissected into sections, so you have separate threads for guitarists and threads for non-guitarists.

Tom Whaley

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Honestly, the Avenged subreddit is a decent forum replacement for all things band related.
IMO I don’t think the intention of these forums is for us to discuss the band in an extended capacity. I think these forums should best be used for the school’s intended purpose. Not saying that the interests of both the band and Gates won’t intertwine here or there, for obvious reasons, but I don’t think hijacking Syn’s site and turning it into an Avenged-centered forum is what they had in mind here… Maybe a single “Avenged Sevenfold” thread or something for fans to geek out on would be appropriate, because you know that a lot of the traffic on here is going to, at least initially, come from Avenged fans.
I do miss those forums though! Good times.

Jereme Marsh

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Loved those old forums, and I’ll never forget when it died. I was on there with a bunch of other people during The Stage reveal and then all of the sudden I hit refresh and it was gone. I’m sad about that and excited about this, but I don’t really know that this is the best place for another A7X forum. This is about learning guitar.

Steven Huth

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 11, 2019
    The Chapter Four forums were some of the best I have ever been a part of. That place blew up the week the Self Titled album released. I agree with the post about Reddit and the A7X stuff that is talked about there.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Daniel Sobota

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    Dubrovnik, Croatia
    @Jereme Marsh So true! I was waiting for the album release day all along, only for the forums to be shut down at that very moment. It kinda defeated its purpose, but oh well…
    I think this place can be used to discuss band related stuff, but with the main focus being on guitar playing though. That seems fair to me.