• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

The Rev’s drumming

Little Laguna05

Free Bird Player
Feb 16, 2023
So I was watching a video of The Rev, doing his drumming for almost easy. And it had me thinking about the rest of the songs, so I listened to all the A7x songs on this new song along option and the drumming is crazy from waking the fallen… correct me if I am wrong but that one is their first album to the album nightmare is absolutely insane

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    All of Nightmare's drums were played by Mike Portney (playing as close to Jimmy's style as possible), at the time still in Dream Theater. Port was one of Jimmy's heroes and filled in for the tour as well.

Drama ensued, but that's ancient history.

Self-Titled was the last album to feature Jimmy's drumming.

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    I mean yes he played it but, did the reverse not play the drums in studio FOR the album???
    No, The Rev passed away before they hit the studio. They used the demo's for reference as The Rev played on those but Mike Portnoy did the studio recording of the drums and played a couple shows with them.

Reactions: Ed Seith
    Synner Endless Summer Collection