• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

The Seven Deadly $yns

J

Jak Angelescu

Okay okay, you’ll never EVER hear me get like this again, because I never get drunk and post my goofiness for the world to see. But because it’s Friday I’m celebrating after a long week. So I decided to conjure up the seven deadly $yns a guitarist can commit on this school. Don’t do them. Or I will find you. And I will make you watch the video clip of Johnny catching a burger in his ass cheeks on repeat.
1. Lust – Thou shalt not lust after another’s skill level. This is criminal to your own growth. And as you may covet another’s skills, you may possess another they wish they had.
2. Glutton – Thou shalt not glutton on pedals and equipment without using them. Make sure you create beautiful music with all your riches for the world to see. Delve in them. Fidget with every dial and knob. Do not be afraid to change your own string height, intonation, make mistakes, screw up your amp settings all in trying to find the perfect tone and feel.
3. Greed – Thou shalt not possess greed with your speed of improvement. Every masterpiece takes patience and time. And even then, the creators of said masterpieces will pass away thinking “That work I did could have been better.”
4. Laziness – Thou shalt not be lazy and give due diligence to our own growth. We must make our efforts in practice be an ‘all-in’ mindframe. You owe it to yourself to put your all into everything in your life.
5. Wrath – Thou shalt not place a wrath upon thyself for holding thyself to an unobtainable goal. If you mess up, don’t beat yourself up. If you fail, fail your way to success.
6. Envy – Thou shalt not envy your fellow $ynners, as we are all in an ethical family to help better each other. Except for Ed. He lives in the desert where beautiful sunsets occur and cacti exist. You can envy him. I forgive you.
7. Pride – THOU SHALT NOT HINDER PRIDE. Yes, you read that right. Be prideful of your accomplishments. Be proud of every single damn one. Get up on your soapbox. Tell us how good you feel that you had a goal and did it or discovered something new.
Okay so end of rant. I look forward to seeing some of you at the livestream tomorrow! I bought my share of the prize for June today and I’m loooooving it!!!!
Goodnight, y’all!
Jak

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
Had glutton happen a few months ago it you remember. Bought a pedal for my amp and the amp wouldn’t recognize it without a factory reset. Lost all the tones the previous owner had.. and I literally had no idea they were even changed. But they changed to tones I could just add distortion to. And i can play my grunge pedal over them all and they sound great. I think this is why I had issues before. Ed said it best. Dont use effects. I guess they were saved in the presets already from the precious owner.
But like I said. I now have a ton of pretones I created by messing with my settings. Going through every possible amp head setting to find the best one. I’m very content with the results.

Synner Endless Summer Collection
Synner Endless Summer Collection