• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

The Ultimate Reward

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I really did NOT see this coming, and I know that really NO ONE did.
    So, one of our own – that you ALL know – is a little shy about something. She’s posted about it on Instagram, and frankly, she got no shortage of anger and jealousy about it mixed in with some genuine congratulations, and that pisses me off.
    Like many of you, I’ve been here since launch day. The amount of content on the site is rivaled only by the depth of the community that’s been built here. As far as I’m concerned personally, there are exactly THREE PEOPLE responsible for that (aside from the geeks running the show behind the scenes, of course):
    Syn
    Papa
    Jak Angelescu
    I can sit here and talk all day about the advice I’ve given, the private emails back and forth helping people, the feedback, keeping it positive, WHATEVER. A lot of people can. Not one among us can claim the influence on this site, what it is, and the need it feeds, more than those three listed there. Syn and Papa are the brains, the money, and the majority of the talent behind the site, but Jak is the HEART of this whole project effort. Without her, this site simply would not be what it is.
    Syn knows it too.
    A while back, the Big Man announced his limited run of Black Moon guitars. I think there were only 50 of them, at $2500 a pop. He promised it was also membership in a very exclusive club, and that that would MEAN SOMETHING down the road to those lucky enough to snag one. I could not. I’ve bought more guitars in the last six months than I have in the last 25 years, and my wife’s level of tolerance is currently WAY DOWN for that sort of thing. Buying a Black Moon would also mean buying a new Chanel bag, effectively doubling the cost. Not gonna happen.
    Back to the topic at hand. Where was I? Oh, yeah. Syn knows it too.
    He gave her one of the Black Moon guitars.

He surprised her. An enormous hug and “thank you” wrapped in a Deathbat and strings.

She hasn’t been here doing all she does in the hopes of Syn handing her a guitar. If he’d sent her a pick or an autograph, she’d have been ecstatic. But he did. And NO ONE deserves it more.

So, there you have it. Jak came here, and with all the enthusiasm she could bring EVERY DAY, she shaped and supported the tone and feel of this community, with nothing in mind but doing her part to make it a better place, and a safe corner of the internet for new players to earn confidence and grow. Some of you have been on the receiving end of her love and guidance, and she has MADE A DIFFERENCE in your life.

She’s made a difference in mine. I’ve been playing since Syn was about 2 or 3 years old. I tend to beat myself up for not being better than I am, for all that time invested. Jak and others have helped me accept that while striving to get better is ALWAYS the best approach, you should also be pleased with where you are RIGHT NOW on your journey, be that with guitar, or really anything else in life.
    It’s a confidence builder, and I need that sometimes, if I’m being honest. She delivers, for me, and for most of you.
    Finally, go to her Instagram and watch and listen to the clips. The Black Moon is killer, and the new Syn signature pickups sound like a choir of angels with switchblades and straight razors fucking shit up. They’re just flat out MONSTROUS – way to go, Syn! Can they be coil-tapped?
    Lastly, I want to address some of the hate and jealousy she’s been exposed to. Many of you contribute, as do I, and do GREAT THINGS here. The community is what it is because of EVERYONE and their contributions, demeanor, and accumulated knowledge. You are ALL important here. But if anyone has ill feelings for Jak because they feel they do as much or are as deserving of Syn’s generosity – check yourself. You didn’t. You don’t. You’re not. Share the love and pure joy with Jak and the rest of us, and keep your negativity to yourself.
    She earned it. She deserves it. Don’t try to stomp her infectious joy. It serves us all better. Thanks, and congratulations, Jak.
    Syn – fuckin A, bro. Pure class move. Love it, and love you.
    Ed

Jaylen Owens

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    People are cruel these days even tho im only 17 i think its so bull that people act this way really guys your being childish*coming from a child lol* I wish Jak the best of luck going forward just know you will have my full suplort going forward and thank you ed for addressing this.

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    Well said Ed!
    Personally I was a little surprised people went all jealous and couldn’t think for like 5 seconds why Syn gave a guitar to Jak and not to them. She’s pretty much the heart and soul of this community, always motivating others and being incredibly selfless doing so. There’s probably no one who deserves it more than her!

J

Jak Angelescu

I am completely blown away by this wonderful little collage and post. You are all the best thing in the whole world! Thank you so much for such a wonderful post Ed and thank you all so much for the awesome comments! I’ve got a lot of work ahead of me and it’s just getting started!

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Not to play the devils advocate but it’s also true and that’s why when jak leavez the site seems to go o hiatus. Theres tons who try to keep things going but seems we dont get taken as serious as jak when she sets things up. I love that people push for jak and look up to her but she also needs your help in making sure the sites going well even when shes not here.
    Basically what im saying is theres HAS been people trying. And we need to keep trying. Pushing for more.
    You now see what can be possible if you push and syn sort of promised things like this for the ones who work hard. So give him a reason to include you in these awesome prizes.
    There really is no one more deserving but we all could be just as deserving if we continue all our work here. Put in the effort and you’ll be rewarded.

Syn Gates

🦾
    Staff member
    Legend+
    Sep 18, 2019
    Huntington Beach
    Wow Ed, I have a new nick name for you brother, “The Truth”.
    What I’ve just read from my brother, Ed “The Truth” Seith, gives me the chills. Unfortunately, both types. It devastates me that people could treat such warmth and transcendent kindness with such cold and brutal hostility. I will not focus on that tho because just like The Truth, I hope to lead by example and speak to righteousness and positivity.
    Jak is pure-fection. I’ve never witnessed anything like it. With the myriad of obstacles her life has and continues to throw at her, some as tragic and devastating as it gets, she tackles them with heart, perseverance, and thoughtfulness at the highest level, never forgetting who she is or where she came from.
    After all of that, she’s progressing as fast as I’ve ever seen at her craft with a deep understanding of, and patience for, nuance and soul.
    If that wasn’t enough, she gives her heart and soul to each and every member of our family, each and every day. Her penchant for helping others and aptitude for teaching is unrivaled by anyone here, including Papa Gates and myself. Yes, we make lessons. Yes, we encourage members of the community BUT…. we don’t spend the monumental amount of time, energy, and consistency that Jak does each and every day making sure that no one is left behind. She inspires me to work on myself and my most important relationships. I am a better person because of Jak Angelescu.
    Last thing I intended to do was to take away from “The Truth’s” wonderful and eloquent homage to our girl, but I couldn’t stop writing. Much love to you all and thanks Ed, this was a hero move!

J

Jak Angelescu

Jesus Christ you guys are gonna make me cry to where my state floods all over again. I was trying to find the words to say to type it out of how much all of these responses just make my life. But there were some other things that were too difficult to type out so I made this video as a response to your post Ed. It gets a little personal and I’m sorry if it gets too personal but there’s a reason why I take the school so fucking seriously and why your post and the wonderful support and the guitar just made me cry for so many reasons. If you guys have to 10 minutes to spare, this is my reason for the love for the school, and $ynn and Papa Gates, and my singer.

I really don’t think you guys know how Much this means to me. I’m printing this and saving it forever 🙂🙂

Brian Haner Sr.

Papa
    Staff member
    Legend+
    Fucking Legend
    Nov 11, 2019
    What a wonderful thread! You’re a fucking stud, Ed. And you’re 100% right. Jak is the heart and soul of this school. We have so many wonderful students here and Jak is the glue that keeps us all together. I didn’t know until today that Syn sent her a guitar. Coolest thing in the world! Makes me so happy!!!
    When Syn and I designed this school, we knew the videos would be a great foundation, but our greater hope was that it would be a place where students (of all ages) could share their knowledge, as well as their dreams. A community. A family.
    Jak has helped to make it more than we could have ever imagined.
    Not to mention that in the process of helping others, she has become a hell of a player.
    I couldn’t be prouder of her or love her more than I do.
    Jak’s #1 fan,
    PG

Kfir Yaakovi

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Israel
    I’ve been on this school only for the last 2 weeks, but I realized Jak is this place’s heart since day 1.
    Well deserved and earned gift Jak!
    I hope that as days go by, you will have more and more people helping and putting their heart in this school as you do.
    I will try my best! Thank you Jak!

Gabriel Corso

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    You deserve it, Jak!!
    Thanks for helping, talking and encouraging each and everyone of us.
    You rule!!!
    And dont listen to that hate. You should be proud of yourself, you are a great teacher and friend of the school.
    Take care,
    G.

The Raven

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    I only wish I was half as active in this community as Jak is. She tries her hardest to keep this website alive and keeping people motivated. It’s only fair she gets something in return for it. I can’t tell you how much her advice has helped me over the past year or so I’ve been browsing.