• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

The unnamed song

Ibiz123

Free Bird Player
Apr 13, 2021
Hi! I've made this little song a while ago and I feel like something is lacking. Could you please tell me what do you think and share some tips on what should I add? I appreciate all the criticism. Oh, and also please be careful since I can't really mix well, so it may be kinda loud in some places. Cheers!

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
It'll sound better with lyrics. You have a ton of open space where you could do some hard vocals or a neat lead part in the verse. But id.focus on vocals.next and see how the vocal melody takes the rest of the song. It's a good base.

You ALSO could speed up the tempo in areas to really give it a kick

• Love
Reactions: Ibiz123

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Some words sounds good to take it further. It'll probably give you even more ideas. Maybe add a quarter note riff and some hi-hat. I got a habit of putting hi-hat everywhere, probably not a good idea. Possibly add a bassline if your workstation allows it. I think all the notes matched so it's probably all in key. Good work!

• Love
    Reactions: Ibiz123

Ibiz123

Free Bird Player
    Apr 13, 2021
    It'll sound better with lyrics. You have a ton of open space where you could do some hard vocals or a neat lead part in the verse. But id.focus on vocals.next and see how the vocal melody takes the rest of the song. It's a good base.

You ALSO could speed up the tempo in areas to really give it a kick
    Thank you for your answer! Right now it's more of a just rough idea to show it to my bandmates, but I'll remember your advice. Thanks!

Ibiz123

Free Bird Player
    Apr 13, 2021
    Some words sounds good to take it further. It'll probably give you even more ideas. Maybe add a quarter note riff and some hi-hat. I got a habit of putting hi-hat everywhere, probably not a good idea. Possibly add a bassline if your workstation allows it. I think all the notes matched so it's probably all in key. Good work!
    Great idea with that quarter note riff, I'll do my best! I didn't want to put all my attention into the mixing, since it's just an idea I'd like to show on my band practice, I'm also not very skilled in mixing haha. Thank you for your advice!

Reactions: William B.
    Synner Endless Summer Collection