• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Theory books

Chris Johnston

Music Theory Bragger
  • Nov 11, 2019
    North Ayrshire, Scotland
    @Ed Seith beat me to the Beato book suggestion - that's an amazing resource 👌

A great companion to it - you can arguably learn most of the same theory without buying the book - is Rick's youtube channel.

If you search 'Rick Beato basics of music theory' you'll get a whole range of whiteboard lectures that you can take notes on 👌

Reactions: Lindsey and SkyM
    Upvote 0

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    @Ed Seith beat me to the Beato book suggestion - that's an amazing resource 👌

A great companion to it - you can arguably learn most of the same theory without buying the book - is Rick's youtube channel.

If you search 'Rick Beato basics of music theory' you'll get a whole range of whiteboard lectures that you can take notes on 👌

I find the Beato stuff to fast and too advanced for the n00b, even when he says it is. Hard to turn off a raging faucet like that, I guess, which is why I mentioned the Dummies book, too.

Upvote 0

SkyM

Free Bird Player
    Nov 19, 2021
    Phoenix, Arizona
    I find the Beato stuff to fast and too advanced for the n00b, even when he says it is. Hard to turn off a raging faucet like that, I guess, which is why I mentioned the Dummies book, too.
    I wouldn't consider myself a "noob" but I most definitely am a "dummy" 😂🤣 all of these suggestions are very helpful and much appreciated, thank you everyone.

Reactions: Ed Seith
    Upvote 0
    Synner Endless Summer Collection