• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Theory Noob Variety Hour - January 5th 2pm CST

iridecently

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Jun 5, 2020
    Groningen
    So it's about time I actually did a music related stream. As a noob at both guitar and music theory I struggled for a bit on what I could offer that might actually be helpful to people, or at least somewhat entertaining to watch. And thus I came up with a thrilling concept:

Theory Noob Variety Hour (one hour long duration not guaranteed)

During this stream I will dive into:
    • How do you (as in your brain) learn things?
    • How do you find a way of learning that works for you?
    • Why am I not (feeling like I am) progressing?
    And to round this whole thing off we will together try to approach a (music) theory topic in accordance with everything we learned and try to maybe figure out a bit what works well for us. Hence the name Theory Noob Variety Hour.

Now you might be asking, who the hell am I to explain all of this to you? Well, great question. I have a BA and MA in German Language and Culture, and on top of that I am currently getting a Bachelor of Education (6 months left, fingers crossed). As such I have spent a lot of time learning about, well learning. I like to think I am fairly up to date on current insights into what works and what doesn't work when it comes to both teaching and learning.

Anyway, enough of my ranting and raving.

BE THERE OR BE SQUARE
    (just kidding I love you all, even if you can't be there and watch the stream back at a later date 🤓)

Edit: New name, courtesy of my sister. Also changed the format around a bit

Last edited:
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

iridecently

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Jun 5, 2020
    Groningen
    Let's bump it up! Hell yeah very excited! How to keep learning fresh and be excited about it would be somethig nice that I am very interested in :) Also, Freut mich dass du Deutsch kannst? Cool auf der Seite auf Deutsch zu schreiben!
    Ja macht immer Spaß Deutsch zu sprechen/schreiben, bin mir aber nicht sicher in wie fern ich die ganzen Theoriesachen hier auf der Seite auf Deutsch erklären könnte, da fehlt mir einfach der Kenntnis der Fachbegriffe 😅 Aber so halbwegs normale Gespräche geht immer :geek:

• Love
    Reactions: Christian Schulze

Christian Schulze

Hot Topic Tourer
    Rockstar Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    Spain
    Ja macht immer Spaß Deutsch zu sprechen/schreiben, bin mir aber nicht sicher in wie fern ich die ganzen Theoriesachen hier auf der Seite auf Deutsch erklären könnte, da fehlt mir einfach der Kenntnis der Fachbegriffe 😅 Aber so halbwegs normale Gespräche geht immer :geek:
    Ich bin nur Musik flüssig auf Englisch XD.

• Haha
    Reactions: iridecently
    Synner Endless Summer Collection