• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Theory/songwriting lessons poll

Which song should I analyze this week?

• The Beatles - A Day In The Life

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Pantera - Domination

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Iron Maiden - Hallowed be Thy Name

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Stevie Ray Vaughan - Couldn't Stand The Weather

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
J

Jak Angelescu

Then again, the masses have always followed idiots. Give the people a fool and they'll love him forever.
You need to keep your opinions to yourself to be honest as far as this goes. Your starting to actually Insult some of the students. The majority ruled in favor of Iron Maiden. I share the same opinions with you and I am not a big Iron Maiden fan at all and I'm quite sick and tired of them. But you are having an elitist mindframe by comparing them saying that they are not real metal. That's an opinion and that's your opinion. He is trying to do this to help educate people not appease you. Don't start a fight over this. You've been warned

Reactions: Ed Seith and idssdi
Synner Endless Summer Collection

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
Then again, the masses have always followed idiots. Give the people a fool and they'll love him forever.
I do these polls to make sure I'm not just gonna do every Beatles song I like(that's like 190 songs or so) because I think that's a little bit narrowminded so I let you guys choose out of a bunch of songs I like to listen to. Since I'm not that much of a metal guy there will be poppy songs in there a lot because doing this means I have to learn how to play the parts and listen to it a lot so I want to do songs I like and not so much piss anyone else, just make it enjoyable for me. It's Hallowed be Thy Name this week, next week a different one and the week after a different one again. If you continue voting and people want that song too I'll do that song otherwise I won't

Reactions: Edward John

Edward John

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
UK
You need to keep your opinions to yourself to be honest as far as this goes. Your starting to actually Insult some of the students. The majority ruled in favor of Iron Maiden. I share the same opinions with you and I am not a big Iron Maiden fan at all and I'm quite sick and tired of them. But you are having an elitist mindframe by comparing them saying that they are not real metal. That's an opinion and that's your opinion. He is trying to do this to help educate people not appease you. Don't start a fight over this. You've been warned
I never insulted anyone. ???

J

Jak Angelescu

I never insulted anyone. ???
You said "the masses always follow the idiots" and that Iron Maiden isn't "real metal", which inevitability insults those who admire them. You're insulting someone's taste in music.

Pantera was a close second. You could have humbly asked Ids to do that one next week because it would be very beneficial to you. I'm sure he would have done so. But you kept commenting things that began to verge on bullying, arguing and starting a fight. Period.

Reactions: Ed Seith

Edward John

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
UK
You said "the masses always follow the idiots" and that Iron Maiden isn't "real metal", which inevitability insults those who admire them. You're insulting someone's taste in music.

Pantera was a close second. You could have humbly asked Ids to do that one next week because it would be very beneficial to you. I'm sure he would have done so. But you kept commenting things that began to verge on bullying, arguing and starting a fight. Period.
Well, I'll stop insulting Maiden from now on.