• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

There's a $ecret $anta Looming About! Check This, $ynners!

• Thread starter TheRedMageGuitarist
  • Start date

k.robert

Local Dive Bar Favorite
Nov 11, 2019
Poland
Even though I'm not really active here, this forum overall helped me a lot for sure. I still remember the end of 2017 how I was checking the site every day at work, refreshing it in every hour waiting it to finally launch... : D Since it went live one of my daily routines was to scroll through all the posts, searching for some golden advices and the almighty truth about practicing, theory, gear and anything guitar related

I'm pretty sure I've got the intention to learn the Hail to the King solo from Jak's lesson on it and I learned it from your videos too ( mostly : ) ) It was never on my to learn list for some reason... probably because I was too busy with those Afterlife arpeggios all my life now, but whatever... I was like what the heck I give it shot. it was worth it.

Hector Trejo's lessons here and youtube, the pentatonic one is really awesome, and I'm regularly going back on his jamming with Syn video trying to steal some licks from their A minor swing improv... : ) If someone didn't see it, it is a must (in my humble opinion)

... and I can already put here in advance Ed's upcoming live session on changing strings on Floyd Rose, that will be a treasure for sure. I do change my strings on my Syn Custom S but it always comes with a lot of swearing and omg those hours of misery... so yep, definitely can not wait for that.

For sure there are more people here that I gained smth through the years, a lot of music theory puzzle pieces were put in place from the thousands of posts here, so to all of you:

Huge thank you for all of that. : )

Last edited:

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    Reading all of these posts is truly a testament to what an incredibly special community this is.
    Ive honestly NEVER encountered such a welcoming, supportive community as this one here. Since it’s inception we have always called it a “family” rather than a community and this solidifies that for me.
    No matter what you’re going through be it guitar or just life situations there is ALWAYS a synner family member available to listen, order advice and support.

I remember my early days on the site. I had ZERO guitar knowledge, and literally EVERYTHING I have learned has been from this community.
    @TheRedMageGuitarist was always encouraging, yet firm and always pinpointed EXACTLY what it was I needed to work on.
    @Ed Seith helped me more times than I care to say with my amps, pedals, etc….. the man even Skyped me to help with a technique and when HE got excited that I finally did it, it meant the world to me.
    @Hector Trejo the month of lessons I did with you taught me soooo much so fast, you’re a hell of a teacher !
    @Christian Schulze my rockstar brotha !!!! Your two cents videos were golden and you always broke things down into attainable chunks and I thank you soooo much for taking your time to do those.

Fuck, I wanna tag everyone because you ALL have helped me so much in guitar and in life.

@Gabby Heafy,@RoaringRowanThunderBender , @Matt Wildcat , @Dark & Twisty KyFe , @Holly Vin Gruinelle, @Kat the metalhead , @Jesse Salmons, @Dominik Gräber, Jaime (it won’t let me tag you lol)
    you guys were some of the very first people to truly welcome me here and I appreciate you all so god damned much !

Oh, and @Radu-Cristian Perde…he’s got a cool beard. lol
    Seriously though, I’ll get a little mushy for ya Rad Man (because I know you hate it 😈 )
    After having many long convos with you about life, spirituality, and even ringing in the new year with ya last year, I KNEW you were the leader the Synner Community needed. Your energy, knowledge, and dedication is beyond admirable, and we are so lucky to have you !

Aquamandy

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Feb 22, 2021
    Brazil
    Finally having some time to write this but oh I have so much to thank for!
    I entered the site and instantly gained so much music production knowledge thanks to @Radu-Cristian Perde and his wonderful workshop! Thank you Radu you're a legend!
    It's been almost a year since I created my account and I wanna thank for every little experience I had here. The good ones, where I could laugh and interact with amazing people, and of course, with one of my idols too. And also some mistakes I committed along the way, because they gave me wisdom and made me a better person than I was before.
    But for me, the most valuable thing Synner gave me this year, was amazing friends that I care so much and don't imagine my life without anymore. First of all: Anna (redlipsofdeceit) and @ari.mac , which are not only my dear friends but musical partners. We met here and since then our friendship evolved so much, and we're always doing collab videos together. I love to play with these girls (and @Batbia of course) and we work so well together! That's one of the beauties of music, connecting people from all around the globe, and I couldn't be more grateful for having these wonderful people by my side.
    I also met amazing people like @Anna.VG , @Dia , @iridecently and @Mia Forbes . These girls bring me daily joy and laughs, we always have fun together, they're always there for me if I need and they show me everyday how lucky I am to have them. I love all of you girls so much ❤️

Thank you Synner fam for all you've done for me ❤️ Happy Holidays everyone! 🎅💚

Saphyra

New Student
    Dec 16, 2021
    France
    Well I just arrived since only 16th December but I was being welcomed so good with so many kindness, I am so glad to learn a new instrument and share my experiences on piano
    I can't wait to share with you my progress on guitar and some pieces playing on piano (don't worry @ari.mac one day I will teach you piano ^_^)
    At the beginning, I hesitated to learn a new instrument because I was like "I am certainly too old to learn a new instrument" and then after chating with you on discord, I felt that I want to learn new things and instruments when you encouraged me to register on Synner School. At first I hesitated because I didn't want to make you waste your time to help me and I though that I needed to have some experience on guitar, finally when I saw that I can be part of the Synner School I listened you and my feelings, the only regret is : why I wasn't here before
    This community is so kindness and helpful 😊
    @Radu-Cristian Perde , Your Dad (Idk who is Your Dad on synner but he helped me on discord) @Ed Seith and @ari.mac thank you so much for helping to introduce myself on Synner ❤❤
    Thank you synners
    Thank you Papa Gates
    Thank you Synyster Gates
    I love you all 🥰

PS : @Radu-Cristian Perde merci pour ton accueil en français aussi XD, je te laisse le choix de soit m'appeler par mon vrai nom (Emma) soit m'appeler par mon pseudonyme (Saphyra) 😂

Last edited:

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    Well I just arrived since only 16th December but I was being welcomed so good with so many kindness, I am so glad to learn a new instrument and share my experiences on piano
    I can't wait to share with you my progress on guitar and some pieces playing on piano (don't worry @ari.mac one day I will teach you piano ^_^)
    At the beginning, I hesitated to learn a new instrument because I was like "I am certainly too old to learn a new instrument" and then after chating with you on discord, I felt that I want to learn new things and instruments when you encouraged me to register on Synner School. At first I hesitated because I didn't want to make you waste your time to help me and I though that I needed to have some experience on guitar, finally when I saw that I can be part of the Synner School I listened you and my feelings, the only regret is : why I wasn't here before
    This community is so kindness and helpful 😊
    @Radu-Cristian Perde , Your Dad (Idk who is Your Dad on synner but he helped me on discord) @Ed Seith and @ari.mac thank you so much for helping to introduce myself on Synner ❤❤
    Thank you synners
    Thank you Papa Gates
    Thank you Synyster Gates
    I love you all 🥰

PS : @Radu-Cristian Perde merci pour ton accueil en français aussi XD, je te laisse le choix de soit m'appeler par mon vrai nom (Emma) soit m'appeler par mon pseudonyme (Saphyra) 😂
    Spoiler alert /!\ your dad IS @Ed Seith !!!! hahaha all said and done Saphyra, je suis très heureux que tu as decidé de te joindre a nous! Je vais probablement naviguer entre tes 2 noms dépendamment des journée! 🤷‍♂️

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Batbia

Music Theory Bragger
  • Jan 11, 2021
    Brazil
    I've been thinking a lot on what to write here cause I don't think I even have the right words, but since I ran out of time, let's do it 😹❤️
    When I joined this site, soon I discovered that the biggest contest of the year was happening, and I had like 3 days to come up with an entry and I was super super nervous! It was my first media post here, and my first interaction was with Anna (redlipsofdeceit)! She was super nice about my video and I know it was genuine! 💖 This speak volumes cause since then we've been best friends and talk in a daily basis, and we're there for each other for the good and for the bad moments and I'm so so happy for this friendship! 😻
    The next person I'm thankful for is @Mia Forbes, our bestie! We met because of Anna and you have the biggest heart I know of 💗 Mia, you're super generous and kindhearted, a funny and amazing person that doesn't think twice to make efforts for the people you love! You're never afraid to fight for what's right and I'm not only super proud, but also super glad to have you as a friend and share some good laughs with you 💞
    Now my little clone @Aquamandy! I always say I wish you played guitar so we could make that super nice guitar duos with that even more nice harmonies, but to be fair I love the fact that you play drums, not only cause your drumming skills always save my catastrophic guitar playing, but because you're absolutely talented on what you do! 👏🏼💛 You won't escape from being my backing vocals tho, so we can still do the harmonies, I guess 👁️👄👁️💕
    Time for @ari.mac! When me, Mandy and Anna were thinking about the 4th person to complete our collab, Ari were the first choice everyone of us pointed out! In fact, I have to confess we didn't even have a second option, so I'm glad Ari accepted our invitation lmao 😹 Ari is probably the most dedicated student of this site (I could never 😹), and I'm happy we are closer now, cause she's an amazing person! Ari, thank you for being a great friend and for being 80% of the angry reactions I received on this site, if this is not love, I don't know what else is 😡🧡
    Would also like to thank all the other girls I met throughout this year: @iridecently, @Anna.VG and @Dia, we've been through a lot together 😹 but we're still together and that's what matters in the end 💜
    Lastly, I would like to thank everyone who answered my questions here on this site and those who gave me helpful feedback 💚 I'm a better guitarist because of all of you and I won't hesitate if I have any more questions, cause I know this community will help me 💙

It's not about the destination, but about the friends we made along the way 🥂

Merry Christmas everyone! 🎅🎄