• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

There's a $ecret $anta Looming About! Check This, $ynners!

• Thread starter TheRedMageGuitarist
  • Start date
T

TheRedMageGuitarist

Hello guys and gals!
I'm playing elf to help a secret Santa out. This has nothing to do with the admin/mod team. This isn't an "official contest", just someone eager to make a Synner very happyšŸ„° Did you all see the teaser images of the NEW Synner merch on the IG page??!! Who's excited, besides moi?
This is NOT a contest, rather something wonderful and warm to close the year out, and to welcome in the new community of Synner.
We're gonna see who's Naughty:papa: or Nice:syn:

All you have to do, is leave a comment below on how the COMMUNITY of Synner (not the lessons or school), helped you out since you've been a member. If there's a specific Synner who has been your confidante, tag them and let them know! This can be with ANYTHING you feel passionately about. One Synner will be chosen On CHRISTMAS DAY (United States time) to receive a piece of NEW Synner merch! It's open worldwide, and there are NO RULES! Be as elaborate as you wish!

Can't wait to spread some beer! I mean...cheer.
Oh yes, CHEERS! šŸ»šŸ»

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian _Invader

Music Theory Bragger
  • Feb 5, 2021
    Schoolcraft Michigan
    I honestly could not be more proud than to have found this website of other quirky musicians such as myself. I was a classically trained violinist and now guitarist for 8 years and I felt kind of alone. When someone here has problems with life and not music, everyone else is so supportive and kind and it makes me so happy. A7X is much more than amazing genuine music, it's about being part of a family and that's something you don't find often. Thanks Syn and Papa G and Merry Christmas everyone! :)

T

TheRedMageGuitarist

I honestly could not be more proud than to have found this website of other quirky musicians such as myself. I was a classically trained violinist and now guitarist for 8 years and I felt kind of alone. When someone here has problems with life and not music, everyone else is so supportive and kind and it makes me so happy. A7X is much more than amazing genuine music, it's about being part of a family and that's something you don't find often. Thanks Syn and Papa G and Merry Christmas everyone! :)
    This was so sweet to read! I'll be sure to pass it alongšŸ„°

iridecently

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Jun 5, 2020
    Groningen
    I could write a whole thing about how much I learned about guitar and music theory, and how I've progressed as a player, but what I've gained most of all is some amazing friends. The last year especially I've grown so close with a group of girls on here (@ari.mac @Aquamandy @Anna.VG @Batbia @Dia) that I didn't expect coming into this or even at the start of this year. On top of that, what happened to me last week has made it clear to me how much love and support people carry for each other on here, even if you might not interact on a daily/weekly/monthly basis. It goes beyond helping each other with music and carries on to real life events, both good and bad. So for that I want to honestly thank everyone on here from the bottom of my heart ā¤ļø

Anna.VG

Campfire Attention Holder
    Mar 14, 2021
    Mexico
    www.instagram.com
    Well itā€™s been amazing these months Iā€™ve been here, met a lot of amazing people that Iā€™m glad I talk to them almost on a daily basis! Theyā€™ve been nothing but nice to me and itā€™s awesome I can interact with no toxic peoplešŸ¦¾ now youā€™re are a huge part of my lifešŸ¤

Thank you for being awesome to mešŸ„‚

Shari

New Student
    Dec 9, 2021
    Yass! Synners!! Love this community, I have to say the people are great and I finally have someone to talk to about my favorite guitarist. And to be honest synyster Gates was helping me long before forms ad Facebook and Instagram all of that, throughout the darkest times in my life I could put in any of their CDs and lose myself in them coming out with a more positive attitude, wanting to keep living, being motivated, I've always suffered with varying degrees of depression, no its not a miracle cure but its damned close šŸ˜‰ thank you for the community, and camaraderie šŸ˜˜

Synner Endless Summer Collection

ari.mac

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 16, 2020
    Italy
    Oh man! I hope my english will be good enough for this šŸ˜‚
    I'm so grateful for this community and the many people I got to know and become friends with. When I first signed up I was so shy I thought I would have never really interacted or, by any means, post my videos!!!! But I found so many awesome men and women always ready to help and support that I became more and more comfortable and confident. I could have never imagined the family I would have found here, and I can really say I feel at home here. It really goes beyond playing guitar, to me it was going out of my comfort zone and do things I never did before and never thought I could. All of this would have never happened without this community.
    I wanna thank my $ysters and Brother$, I'm not tagging everyone because you are too many šŸ˜‚ but you know who you arešŸ§ Thank you for your support, love and daily laughsā¤
    Also thank you to Syn and PG for ALL of this, it all started with you āœØā¤

Gabby Heafy

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Apr 5, 2020
    www.instagram.com
    I am so happy to be part of this amazing family! It has been almost 2 years that I have shared wonderful things with many of you. I love to see how this place has grown so much, see new faces, new developments, lots of positive people, always trying to help others, and itā€™s good to be away from toxicity.

Best Community ever! Thank you All! cheers!! :rock-hand::blue-heart:

Of course thank you so much to @Syn Gates and @Brian Haner Sr.

Last edited:

Muz Malek

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Singapore
    www.instagram.com
    For 10 years, I've always hoped to be in a community of like-minded people who either likes to play guitar or loves Johnn- I mean, A7X - and Synner has the best of both worlds :)

The people I've met before Synner weren't as nice. They love A7X, they love playing guitar, but they want all that joy & success to themselves. They're all like "I'm a better guitar player than you so i'm not talking to you" or "I don't want to talk to you because you're better than me so we shouldn't click" kind of vibe. It was a pretty dark, sad & lonely world for me for years despite trying to unite people.

Now that I've found the Synner community, I felt like I've been reborn and blessed to be a part of this beautiful family. Screw the 14-hour time difference - I'm all in for anything because it's always been worth it.

Cheers! :rock-hand: :rock-hand:

Last edited:

RoaringRowanThunderBender

• Nov 11, 2019
    Warrenton, NC
    rowm76.wixsite.com
    Golly. I saw this on your IG and had to hop in.

I feel I should start with you first @TheRedMageGuitarist ; You seriously have been there from the start for me. We were both on the version before this one, and I still have the exact screenshots of you and @Brian Haner Sr. telling me to work on my palm muting. (I have a lot of screenshots of some of our things, btw, just so you know.) Then you also hounded me about making sure the tuning was right. You also made me a tutorial to help me get Nightmare down. (Still in my favorites, btw.) But every time I posted a video or post, on here or on Instagram, you were always on top of it and interacting with it and giving feedback. You were so constructive, but always nurturing. I feel you are one of the closest friends I have ever had and an amazing teacher and fan as well! I really feel like I've already made it whenever you comment and interact with me. Like I fangirl harder over you interacting with me than Syn. I always look forward to what you have to say and think, even if it's "Work on this harder!" You made me want to continue when I wanted to give up even when it wasn't just guitar and music-related. To get back up when I felt like I really couldn't anymore or didn't have the energy to. And I hope you don't mind me just saying thank you again for always sticking by me even when I felt I really haven't deserved it or you. You were one of the only ones who made a big deal out of my birthday this year and that meant so much to me. You make me feel needed, valued, loved, and definitely not alone when I have the chance to talk to you. You are one of the women I want to be like. I don't have many women in music that I care for, and I'm honestly very picky about it. But I'm always behind you 100% in your endeavors and aspirations. You won me over girl and I want to see you make it and be happy and just all the best things! I love you so very much. You are really my favorite person on this little ball of water and dirt. Thank you for everything.

@Holly Vin Gruinelle - That voice is something to be reckoned with, woman. You are an awesome natural-born leader. You are not afraid to be rough and tough on me, but in a constructive manner, and I can't thank you enough for that. I get a little anxious sometimes that I annoy you or bother you. I tend to worry about what you think and how you feel about me or that you might not like me at times, but I'm going to tell you how I feel about you. You are one of the $ysters that has been the closest to me and there for me. Thank you so much for being a beautiful person inside and out. Thank you for the deep conversations about politics and world issues. I always like hearing your opinion even if I'm more of a withdrawn person. Like Jak, you are one of the women in music I really like. I want to see you be happy and be the powerhouse that you are! I love you also Holly. Thank you for being there too and letting me try to get in a little and know you.

@Kat the metalhead Imouto-san~ Mana's Waifu~ Oh yeah, I went there! O(怃ļ¼¾ā–½ļ¼¾ć€ƒ)o I love being able to play around and talk about Mana and other jrock and shenanigans with you. I don't have anyone else I can really talk about them with. It's been such a joy to watch you drawing and playing guitar. I've been keeping my eyes on you even though I've been working and a lot more distant lately. (I'm sorry.) I loved getting on here and seeing you on the riff page. Thank you for making part of the community for me. You're my only Imouto-san~ I love you, girlie.

@Alicia Willis My Southern Mama~ You are always there for me to talk to and understand how I'm feeling so very well when I get overly anxious and nervous. I love to tag you in Tik Toks and share giggles about the southernisms with you. Thank you for keeping me grounded and down-to-earth a lot of the time. It's so awesome that you're a community leader now and I'm so proud. You're awesome and I love you.

I don't know how to tag her, so if someone could, please tag Kye if she's on here. Woman, you are a trip. And I love you very very much. You are so sweet and so kind and I love you to pieces. You are so easy to talk to and are always helping me through things. I hope that I can do the same for you. You have a magnificent mind! And I'm always your RoRo, I promise. Thank you.

@Matt Wildcat Millie Mooo~~ Or should I say Millie Mew?~ You are the sweetest and most kickass little thing. I feel like our griefs have hit us so very hard, but also allowed us to connect more with each other. And I'm very thankful for that and you. We've had some very deep conversations and I appreciate your support and love so much. You help me through some of the bad days and are always so supportive. Your photography is beautiful and I'm excited to see how you grow in a few years. Thank you and I love you baby girl.

@Ed Seith Papa Ed! Thank you so much for your encouragement as well as the laughs and the messages. You have also given me some seriously good feedback and instructions and seriously helped me understand some music theory better along with Ids.

@Radu-Cristian Perde you and the others and these ladies I've already mentioned reached out and connected with me so much when my grandpa passed away last year. It truly meant the world to me. You really gave me some much-needed laughs and you are so easy and fun to talk to. I also know if I have any technical questions, I could probably ask you and you'll help me out. I wanted you to know I appreciate you.

I don't know if Ids is on here anymore, but he is also a pretty close friend. I never thought he would be, to be honest, but he's been a very good friend to me. I always knew that he would interact and give me feedback as well. And I tend to ask him theoretical questions, even if sometimes his explanations confuse me more sometimes because I overthink them. I also just appreciate the funny and fun conversations.

And I appreciate anyone that has supported me and interacted with me on here. I really do. You all help me to believe in myself and what I can do and that I can really do this if I try and work hard enough. I'm sorry if I forgot anyone at the moment, but I'm very tired from work. Each and every one of you make up the community and makes the community what it is. Thank you @Syn Gates and @Brian Haner Sr. for making all of this possible and putting the work and money into creating this place. It was truly like my second home and I feel like I learned more here than I ever did in in-person lessons at a music store. Without the school, I never would have been able to connect to the wonderful people I call my closest friends now. All in all the community is what made the school for me besides the lessons, etc. Happy holidays all!

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    The community has done a solid job here bringing the spirits of everyone up. Especially in the forums. I've also seen a massive uproar in the riff page recently. Everyone seems to edge everyone else onto better things. I feel the group in whole is strong. And although you may not speak with people on a regular basis I find most make you feel at home and part of the group.

There are two people I'd like to shout out.

One is the obvious. And I'm sure shell get a ton of tags.. yes im talking about jak herself. She knows (or should know!) That shes done a lot for me technique. The constant tips and call outs to push me to be better. I'll always be open to hear what she has to say. Some key things she helped me with.

*general theory knowledge. She easily could point out when I was out of key.. even if I was playing a nice melody. It helped me look closer to see what I was doing wrong.
    *generally my picking hand was all over the place. I constantly hit strings woth my fingers. She helped me get a stronger feel in my playing.. tucking my fingers in (and trust me that was a DIFFICULT transition) was massive for me.
    *positive reinforcement .. i feel everyone does a good job there. Shell be considered a friend to me for a long time.

The other is someone that I keep.in contact with when I can. And that would.be @Lindsey. Just being a good friend and pushing each other to learn how things. She has become a better guitar player and her support is always everlasting. I appreciate her as a friend.

I could give shouts and kudos to others but of all the students here those two reached out the most to me and I can call both friends.

Chris Johnston

Music Theory Bragger
  • Nov 11, 2019
    North Ayrshire, Scotland
    I could write an essay about how much this community has helped me - but I'll try and keep it short! (However I keep editing this to add more in šŸ˜‚)

As someone who struggles with gig day anxiety & performance anxiety, the outpouring of advice and support from this whole community helped me reach a turning point in how I deal with performing live - All it took were some wise words and reassurance from people I trust. It's advice I don't think I'll ever forget. For many it may have been just another forum topic but that advice has really stuck with me. So thank you!

Also this platform allowed me to help people and work my teaching muscle even when there was a pandemic - I dropped to 2 students a week...now I'm nearly hitting 40! It's largely down to learning from how people converse on here & the constant positive attitude/encouragement that's always on display šŸ‘Œ

The reaction on here to my band's music has also gave me a massive confidence boost in my own songwriting - having @Brian Haner Sr. & @Syn Gates compliment my songwriting is the biggest badge of honour šŸ¤Ÿ But also the entire community, who arent afraid to give critique too!

The community leaders @Ed Seith & @Radu-Cristian Perde have also been a massive help this year, helping me send my own presents šŸ˜‰ cheers guys!

Thanks again guys for everything šŸ¤Ÿ

Last edited:

Lindsey

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 16, 2019
    The Netherlands
    www.instagram.com
    The community has done a solid job here bringing the spirits of everyone up. Especially in the forums. I've also seen a massive uproar in the riff page recently. Everyone seems to edge everyone else onto better things. I feel the group in whole is strong. And although you may not speak with people on a regular basis I find most make you feel at home and part of the group.

There are two people I'd like to shout out.

One is the obvious. And I'm sure shell get a ton of tags.. yes im talking about jak herself. She knows (or should know!) That shes done a lot for me technique. The constant tips and call outs to push me to be better. I'll always be open to hear what she has to say. Some key things she helped me with.

*general theory knowledge. She easily could point out when I was out of key.. even if I was playing a nice melody. It helped me look closer to see what I was doing wrong.
    *generally my picking hand was all over the place. I constantly hit strings woth my fingers. She helped me get a stronger feel in my playing.. tucking my fingers in (and trust me that was a DIFFICULT transition) was massive for me.
    *positive reinforcement .. i feel everyone does a good job there. Shell be considered a friend to me for a long time.

The other is someone that I keep.in contact with when I can. And that would.be @Lindsey. Just being a good friend and pushing each other to learn how things. She has become a better guitar player and her support is always everlasting. I appreciate her as a friend.

I could give shouts and kudos to others but of all the students here those two reached out the most to me and I can call both friends.
    Thanks! @Calvin Phillips I feel the same about it. That's the great thing about this site because it's smaller there's actual communication. There's always someone who sees your posts or answers your question.

Can ARI

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    Turkey
    2 years ago, I broke my hand and had surgery, it was pretty rough one . After the recovery process I was bad. I couldn't play solos the I could play easily before the surgery. I even couldn't reach the high E string and when I play simple chords , it sounded so dirty.

I had no one to ask about this or how can I go back the way I were before. Or can I even play properly again. So I write here. It was a strange experience because lot's of people understands me and gave me great advices and motivates me. I'm still thankful to each and every one of them.

Fuck.. I love you guys.

Ravensstorm81

New Student
    Dec 11, 2021
    @TheRedMageGuitarist,
    I had to restart my account because I couldn't get logged into my old one so I've been here a while.... everybody has helped me out a lot... just seeing good thoughts on bad days and seeing how others struggle with things like I do... this is such an amazing community who are all willing to help each other... this community has given me hope and even though nobody knows it, they've kept me going through some of my darkest times... thanks to all the Synners out there who keep music and family alive. Merry Christmas everybody and keep rockin it out... music šŸŽ¶ makes the world a better place.

Dark & Twisty KyFe

Nov 11, 2019
    Townsville
    Firstly, let me tell you about my Twysted Systers from Synyster Mystersā€¦

@TheRedMageGuitarist @Holly Vin Gruinelle @Alicia Willis @RoaringRowanThunderBender @Matt Wildcat @Kat the metalhead.

My Jak; my light in the dark, the positive to my negative, the strength to my weakness, and the one who always holds her hand out to steady me when I stumble.

My Holls; the warrior who stands in the dark with me, holding my hand, who understands what it means to be held down by a foot on your neck, through no fault of your own, but to fight your way to the surface against all odds.

My Princess Peach; the softest hardass boss bitch with a heart of gold, and the soul of an Amazon. The hand and heart that guides gently, and firmly. Something only she can do, the way she does.

My RoRo; the one who rides the waves in the storm with me. My little firefly, so filled with love and hope, and doubt that has no reason to chain you down. Your soul shines bright, no stormy skies will ever have the power to conceal it.

My Mattie; my dingbat, the other half of my creative chaos, a champion of the underdogs, with the purest heart I have ever known. I am SO proud of you. Know that. ALWAYS. And you know who is even more proud of you than I am? Your Mum.

My Kat; here kitty kitty! Come out of your shell, weā€™ll love you well! I canā€™t wait to strengthen what weā€™ve startedā€¦ Wow. This sounds startlingly like Iā€™m hitting on youā€¦ *chirps in awkward cricket*

Sexondly, I mean SEXONDLY, oh fuck it, you know what I meanā€¦

@Jamie London my brother from another mother, my homie, and the sexy ass Synner Social GOD, responsible for well, you probably donā€™t even want to know how many little fan girls this dude hasā€¦ Making Big Sys feel awkward all up in this bitch šŸ˜³šŸ˜œšŸ˜‚ Please, I beg of you, SAY NO MORE! My poor, fragile psycheā€¦

And my little Synner Semen Demonsā€¦ Well, those little Nut Butter Biscuits are too young for the interwebs just yet, but be warned, theyā€™ll end up here sooner or later. My apologies in advance, sorry about that! šŸ˜¬

Oh and I heard @Synyster Gates is aā€™ight too. Once told me I nailed the lyrics he so charmingly forgot to write down for Paradise, but more importantly that the terms I so *cough* lovingly *cough* create for my Vajaliens is lyrical genius. I can respect that.

@Brian Haner Sr. I fuckin miss turning you into weird shit on the fan page every Saturday. Highlight of my existence.

Love you bitches long, LONG time xxox

Last edited:

Dark & Twisty KyFe

Nov 11, 2019
    Townsville
    Hello guys and gals!
    I'm playing elf to help a secret Santa out. This has nothing to do with the admin/mod team. This isn't an "official contest", just someone eager to make a Synner very happyšŸ„° Did you all see the teaser images of the NEW Synner merch on the IG page??!! Who's excited, besides moi?
    This is NOT a contest, rather something wonderful and warm to close the year out, and to welcome in the new community of Synner.
    We're gonna see who's Naughty:papa: or Nice:syn:

All you have to do, is leave a comment below on how the COMMUNITY of Synner (not the lessons or school), helped you out since you've been a member. If there's a specific Synner who has been your confidante, tag them and let them know! This can be with ANYTHING you feel passionately about. One Synner will be chosen On CHRISTMAS DAY (United States time) to receive a piece of NEW Synner merch! It's open worldwide, and there are NO RULES! Be as elaborate as you wish!

Can't wait to spread some beer! I mean...cheer.
    Oh yes, CHEERS! šŸ»šŸ»
    OHHHHH ME! ME! *flaps spastically* Iā€™m naughty šŸ˜ˆ