• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

This has been bothering me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batbia

Music Theory Bragger
  • Jan 11, 2021
    Brazil
    As much as I love Avenged, I can't get into the album Sounding the Seventh Trumpet. I've tried.
    I had a hard time getting Into WTF. I just wasn't familiar with Shads type of screaming. I also didn't like ALPOH for a long time.
    Wow I can relate so much to this 😳 Sounding The Seventh Trumpeth is my least favorite A7X record (but I like some songs on it like Warmness On The Soul and Streets), I guess I would enjoy listening to an instrumental version of it because it has some really cool riffs, but I don't really like the vocals that much 🤷🏻‍♀️ and even though I like Waking The Fallen, there are still some songs that I really can't enjoy like Desecrate Through Reverance 💀
    Also, when I heard ALPOH for the first time, I actually liked it, but it was definitely far from being one of my favorites and I thought it was a really overrated song, but then I started liking it SO MUCH and it's probably on my Top 3 from the album now 😹

I want to add that not only is hard to dislike something popular, but also to like something unpopular. I mean, I'm a diehard Metallica fan and I bet other fans would bash me for saying this, but I LOVE St. Anger. Though I agree they made some poor mixing choices, I love almost every song from this album (except for Purify 🙉), I really love the lyrics and the emotions on it, it's a very deep record to me and I like the meanings behind every song. I can't say the same for Kill 'Em All for example, which is my least favorite Metallica record (I'm not considering Lulu lol), even though it's a fan favorite and I would be cancelled for saying that I don't like their first album that much 🤡

ari.mac

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 16, 2020
    Italy
    I seriously have troubles to understand why a person should be judged by their music taste (unless, it's Nickelback, zero tolerance for that 😝😝😝😝jk). I don't like a lot of popular musicians but sure do recognise their importance and talent. Also, almost all of my childhood best friends have completely different music taste but who cares, when they are in my car we listen to my music and when I'm in theirs we listen to what they want. It's that easy, live and let live 😁

Last edited:

Daniel Sobota

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    Dubrovnik, Croatia
    He does do a little screaming on each album, still. It's just usually behind a clean voice to reinforce it, rather than being front and center, like Trivium.
    It's mostly a couple of "waaaahhh" type screams or adding a little rasp to his cleans, but I love what he did on Not Ready To Die for example. Going back and forth between the cleans and the growls, that's so cool and adds dynamics to the song.

I primarily live in the more extreme side of metal (listening Sepultura - Dead Embryonic Cells as I type this), so the harsh vocals are more appealing to me than straight clean vocals, but I get why Avenged are doing it and it makes sense for them to do that. I just feel like they would benefit from adding some screaming into the more heavier songs on the albums.

Jesse Salmons

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
    Nov 11, 2019
    Indiana
    Well since this is brought up, and im gonna feel like that Family Guy Scene where peter says he never cared for the godfather but...

i never really cared for the beatles. I just cant get into them. Idk why. I like other peoples covers of their songs better than i like their original versions. Even though a lot of my favorite artists are heavy influenced by them!

That said, music is an art, and like any art, is subjective to the eye of the beholder. Im a southern rockin, metal head, who plays the blues, bumps to rap music occasionally and enjoys some good ol fashioned country, and theres not a thing wrong with people having different opinions.

*mic drop*

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Daniel Sobota

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    Dubrovnik, Croatia
    Thought I’d add in one more thing hahah everyone is saying they dislike sounding the seventh trumpet and honestly it one of my fav albums by them lol thought it would be funny to say lol
    It's my least favorite, but I also like it better than most people. It's a solid 7/10 record. The chaotic hardcore meets metal youthful vibe is something I can totally appreciate, even if the songwriting isn't always the best.

J

Jak Angelescu

Well since this is brought up, and im gonna feel like that Family Guy Scene where peter says he never cared for the godfather but...

i never really cared for the beatles. I just cant get into them. Idk why. I like other peoples covers of their songs better than i like their original versions. Even though a lot of my favorite artists are heavy influenced by them!

That said, music is an art, and like any art, is subjective to the eye of the beholder. Im a southern rockin, metal head, who plays the blues, bumps to rap music occasionally and enjoys some good ol fashioned country, and theres not a thing wrong with people having different opinions.

*mic drop*

I'm honestly glad someone said it. There's a few of their songs I like. And I definitely can respect what they did. But I've just never been a fan of theirs.
    It's true what you said about preferring covers of theirs over the originals, because I definitely prefer Papa's version of Kid Charlemagne over the Steely Dan's

Daniel Sobota

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    Dubrovnik, Croatia
    I'm honestly glad someone said it. There's a few of their songs I like. And I definitely can respect what they did. But I've just never been a fan of theirs.
    It's true what you said about preferring covers of theirs over the originals, because I definitely prefer Papa's version of Kid Charlemagne over the Steely Dan's
    A friend of mine once described The Beatles as a 60's version of One Direction, and truer words have never been spoken. 😂😂😂 I'm with you, only dig a couple songs here and there (from the later albums), but I respect their influence because it's undeniable.

Jesse Salmons

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
    Nov 11, 2019
    Indiana
    Yeah see, like I definitely respect what the Beatles did, but i just dont care for them. Everything comes down to what you think sounds good and what makes you feel good. Its like i said, i listen to so much music not only because its variety but because i can get the same goosebumps from a rap song with a good beat as i do from my favorite Skynyrd songs! I just wish people werent so hateful about music when music is a conduit to bring people together.

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    A friend of mine once described The Beatles as a 60's version of One Direction, and truer words have never been spoken. 😂😂😂 I'm with you, only dig a couple songs here and there (from the later albums), but I respect their influence because it's undeniable.
    Not a big fan, but I'm gonna push back on part of this comment. The Beatles wrote all their songs and played all their instruments and helped pioneer a lot of shit. They were no boy band.

Daniel Sobota

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    Dubrovnik, Croatia
    Not a big fan, but I'm gonna push back on part of this comment. The Beatles wrote all their songs and played all their instruments and helped pioneer a lot of shit. They were no boy band.
    Well, that comment was more in regard to their early sound (Hey Jude anyone?) and the crazy fan obsession similar to boy bands.

Reactions: Alicia Willis

Ed Seith

Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Well, that comment was more in regard to their sound (Hey Jude anyone?) and the crazy fan obsession similar to boy bands.
    I'll give you that part, but it short-sells their real talent and accomplishment. Plus @Brian Haner Sr. will shit a kidney if he reads that.

Iris

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Oct 14, 2020
    Everett, Washington
    I'm honestly surprised this got this much attention. I was just venting. Lol. But it's awesome to read everyone's responses on it. I also wish people wouldn't be ashamed of the music they listened to when they were younger. I loved New Kids on the Block, Backstreet Boys and The Spice Girls when I was young and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Thanks for reminding me that there are non elitists in the world. And for the record, I fucking LOVE Barry Manilow. Fight me. :LOL:

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    This thread is great ! However apparently there’s some journey hate. I have a story time for that lol.
    Back in the day, when the Waffle House still had a jukebox, I was very tipsy and shoveling my face full of hashbrowns (as one does at 3am on a Friday night) when some dudes put “don’t stop believing” on and my tipsy ass with cheeks full of food hopped up and started belting it out for all of the Waffle House to hear.

I got a lot of boos.... not sure if it was the journey or the slurred lyrics 😂

luckily though, no fights broke out that night 😉

Ed Seith

Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I'm honestly surprised this got this much attention. I was just venting. Lol. But it's awesome to read everyone's responses on it. I also wish people wouldn't be ashamed of the music they listened to when they were younger. I loved New Kids on the Block, Backstreet Boys and The Spice Girls when I was young and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Thanks for reminding me that there are non elitists in the world. And for the record, I fucking LOVE Barry Manilow. Fight me. :LOL:
    I love Barry. My one regret is that of all the hundreds of shows I’ve been to, I never saw Barry or Neil Diamond.

Reactions: Iris
    Status
    Not open for further replies.