• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

This has been bothering me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kim

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
I just hate Michael jackson songs and Adele, especially 'Hello', just dont like these 2, I understand a lot of others will love them, so its just everyones taste.

What sometimes bothers me when Im listening to metal and someone comes in the room they say: wtf is this, this isnt music, I dont understand you can listen to this. or things like that.

Ones at work I told my colleagues I was about to go to a concert of A7X and played a song of A7X, my 2 colleagues found it really hard and screaming music, then i let them listen to Arch Enemy :) That was a short listen :p

Reactions: Daniel Sobota

Chris Johnston

Music Theory Bragger
  • Nov 11, 2019
    North Ayrshire, Scotland
    Ok, so reading through a bunch of the comments this morning I noticed something. I'm a huge Beatles fan and I don't expect everybody else to be one too but at the same time comments like 'they are a 60s boyband' do piss me off because it sells them short by like a lot and that's the perfect example of not respecting somebody else's preference because it is in fact to a degree diminishing their talent and musicianship which you should never do regardless of whether you like an artist or not.

The Beatles write all their own songs, theirs a distinct difference in music landscape when comparing pre-beatles and post-Beatles (intro-verse-chorus-verse-bridge-chorus Is only the surface of that), they revolutionized audio recording(look up abbey road doubler for example) and besides that they did soo much more than write pop songs (Hey Jude is not a boyband' song, it's actually written for John Lennon's son when John and his first wife were getting a divorce)

To understand how important the Beatles are go through these please

In short saying things like the Beatles is just a 60s boyband is a prime example of how to not let other people know you don't like a band because that phrase probably is among the biggest bunch of crap I've ever heard in my life
    It's tough to keep your cool when you hear stuff like that, but the way I see it, if people want to think that about the Beatles, it doesn't change the reality that they're not what they're being described to be 👌

There's a great saying for these situations: 'Never assume malevolence where ignorance is sufficient' 😂

• Haha
    Reactions: Ed Seith and idssdi

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    It's tough to keep your cool when you hear stuff like that, but the way I see it, if people want to think that about the Beatles, it doesn't change the reality that they're not what they're being described to be 👌

There's a great saying for these situations: 'Never assume malevolence where ignorance is sufficient' 😂
    Makes sense.

Oddly enough, my friends tease the shit out of me with The Beatles but the boyband comment just is above a certain limit for me. I never link music to its fan base (effectively every band ever has obsessive fans) so it's a little weird to me to link that term to a band based on a fanbase. I also think it's strange to dislike somebody's music based on fans so don't know how that becomes an argument when you talk about whether you like a band or not 😅

Reactions: Chris Johnston
    Status
    Not open for further replies.