• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

This user has deleted their account.

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
Each video lesson already has a metronome built in so you can learn every single lesson on the school with a metronome already💁
Snapchat-1076569468.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
I'm aware of that, but if I want to sit there and practice my economy picking, I'd like a metronome that I can control the bpm and time signature and not have to go looking for the settings of it. It would also be annoying to open a lesson everytime I want a metronome.
If you out the recording on synthetic you can control the bpm in her lessons. Furthermore if the reason this school needs a metronome is such that you can practice whatever you want with it then it kinda makes your argument of opening an app/webpage just to access a metronome invalid IMHO because that would make this school one of those webpages. I think the focus on the school should always be on what's offered in the lessons and those lessons have a metronome and if you want to practice something else and need a metronome you can find that elsewhere just the same so At the moment I don't see the added value of it tbh.

Upvote 0
Synner Endless Summer Collection

Chris Johnston

Music Theory Bragger
  • Nov 11, 2019
    North Ayrshire, Scotland
    I'm all about keeping traffic on the school so I don't think an on-site Metronome would hurt to have at all - I tend to just stick a google metronome on if I need one and it still works if I'm on other tabs on my browser.

What would be cool is if the on-site metronome had some sort of unique feature compared to other metronomes on the web? Not sure what that would be though - maybe tempo presets based on Avenged Sevenfold's most covered tracks? Still that seems a bit much when you can just google the bpm and set it yourself (and tbh a bit gimmicky) :LOL: What I'd really love to see is an official Scales/Modes/Arpeggios/Chords Library - but I know much much of an undertaking that would involve

Reactions: chris_is_cool
    Upvote 0

Chris Johnston

Music Theory Bragger
  • Nov 11, 2019
    North Ayrshire, Scotland
    I'm glad somebody understands. The features we don't have on the "current" metronome is different time signatures, tap tempo, different note values (which would also help students understand note values more), and different sounds such as marimba, click, real drums even. I don't think it could hurt at all to add/expand on a metronome. But something unique would be great as well, I just don't know what at the moment.

Syn and PG didn't make this school just to have 20 members. The entire idea is to add and expand features (and therefore adding to and expanding the community AND the perceived value of the school) and keep people engaged by keeping them on the site because it has so much to offer.

I didn't actually think of a tap tempo/note values option tbh, that would be handy! (dotted eighths would be fun) Like from a learning standpoint it isn't the biggest issue for someone to go onto another site for a click, or even download a phone app to sit with while they're on their laptop learning - but purely from a captive audience on the site type deal I think it could be a good idea. My thinking was that if the onsite metronome had that completely unique feature it would keep traffic on here, rather than giving it to other sites - and maybe bring other players to the site because it has that feature? - Possibly dreaming a bit too much but you never know haha 🤟

Reactions: Kim
    Upvote 0

Brian Haner Sr.

Papa
    Staff member
    Legend+
    Fucking Legend
    Nov 11, 2019
    Hey Alex!
    This is a GREAT idea that Syn and I have discussed before. We are on iteration 4 of the school and it just wasn't a priority. We have also talked about incorporating a virtual amp/pedal setup (with metronome) that you can plug into and practice without leaving the site.
    Inevitably, when you bring something like this up, you're told - Sure we can TOTALLY do that! It will run between 50 and 100 thousand dollars. YIKES!!!! Long story longer - a metronome is on our long to-do list. Your instincts are spot on!
    Thanks!
    PG

Upvote 0

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    Hey Alex!
    This is a GREAT idea that Syn and I have discussed before. We are on iteration 4 of the school and it just wasn't a priority. We have also talked about incorporating a virtual amp/pedal setup (with metronome) that you can plug into and practice without leaving the site.
    Inevitably, when you bring something like this up, you're told - Sure we can TOTALLY do that! It will run between 50 and 100 thousand dollars. YIKES!!!! Long story longer - a metronome is on our long to-do list. Your instincts are spot on!
    Thanks!
    PG
    Ooh! Virtual amp/pedal setup sounds nice!

Upvote 0

beatrix

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Sep 19, 2020
    Italy
    Hey Alex!
    Thanks!
    PG
    omg i adore you. you are the BEST!!😍

Upvote 0