• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Tim Henson acoustic guitar

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Hey! Have y’all seen this?

I am usually not an acoustic guy but this release has me hyped! Beautiful guitar that seems to combine the best of electric and acoustic for a surprisingly “low” price. May get me one soon.

What’s your take on this?
    Oh and how has everybody been?

Zachary Armistead

One Stringer
    Nov 11, 2019
    I'm trying to get me one for Christmas this year - I've learned most of playing god so I figure its worth getting since by that time I'll be able to fully play the song it was designed for. Those swept harmonics in the main riff are so hard to get to ring clear and I hope the nylon strings will make it just a little bit easier.

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    I'm trying to get me one for Christmas this year - I've learned most of playing god so I figure its worth getting since by that time I'll be able to fully play the song it was designed for. Those swept harmonics in the main riff are so hard to get to ring clear and I hope the nylon strings will make it just a little bit easier.
    Awesome! I love Tim’s acoustic renditions of their recent songs. Sounds almost better than the actual release

• Love
    Reactions: Rad Synner

Donovan Etue

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State
    Hey! Have y’all seen this?

I am usually not an acoustic guy but this release has me hyped! Beautiful guitar that seems to combine the best of electric and acoustic for a surprisingly “low” price. May get me one soon.

What’s your take on this?
    Oh and how has everybody been?
    Been waiting for them to release this since the Playing God video got released. Such a cool more modern-esque shape/nice modern features. Especially at this price point. I'm not a particularly heavy acoustic player but that one really inspires me to pick it up to explore other genres/diversify my playing more. I'm looking at selling one of my guitars here soon and I'm really tempted to pick one of those up. I think it fits in a category combo of price and features that'll make it sell well to folks who even aren't Polyphia/Tim fans.

Doing better! Was sick the last few weeks from either a bug I got at the Trivium/Maiden concert or elsewhere. Yesterday being the first time I ventured outside since Oct 1st haha. So I had plenty of time to pick up the guitar and play/practice/experiment with tones and shit. Trying to improve the pace at which I can play the herta's in riffs like the main ones from Suffocating Sight and A Crisis of Revelations. It's getting there, but jesus are these hard lmao. How about you dude? How've you been? Been working on anything in particular music wise?

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Been waiting for them to release this since the Playing God video got released. Such a cool more modern-esque shape/nice modern features. Especially at this price point. I'm not a particularly heavy acoustic player but that one really inspires me to pick it up to explore other genres/diversify my playing more. I'm looking at selling one of my guitars here soon and I'm really tempted to pick one of those up. I think it fits in a category combo of price and features that'll make it sell well to folks who even aren't Polyphia/Tim fans.

Doing better! Was sick the last few weeks from either a bug I got at the Trivium/Maiden concert or elsewhere. Yesterday being the first time I ventured outside since Oct 1st haha. So I had plenty of time to pick up the guitar and play/practice/experiment with tones and shit. Trying to improve the pace at which I can play the herta's in riffs like the main ones from Suffocating Sight and A Crisis of Revelations. It's getting there, but jesus are these hard lmao. How about you dude? How've you been? Been working on anything in particular music wise?
    I agree! I think it will attract lots of electric guitar players because of its modern features while not screaming “Tim Henson” all over. Not like Syns guitar where you immediately know whose instrument you’re playing.

Catching a cold at a trivium/maiden concert? So worth it if you ask me lol
    Suffocating sight is a bitch! Wish I could play that effortlessly.

As for me, I don’t play a lot these days - lack of time and inspiration. However when I do it’s tons of fun since I switched to digital amps. Might even say I am almost more drawn to Bass lately.
    Also still waiting for @Syn Gates pedal to be released! Can’t wait to see what he’s cooking up!

Donovan Etue

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State
    I agree! I think it will attract lots of electric guitar players because of its modern features while not screaming “Tim Henson” all over. Not like Syns guitar where you immediately know whose instrument you’re playing.
    100%, I think it's part of why models like Jim Roots signature Fenders are super popular. They don't scream a specific artist. It's a nice contrast compared to models where you instantly recognize it as being tied to that artist. Like Syn, EVH, Petrucci, or Vai's signatures. All of them have awesome signatures, but they're so closely tied to the artist.

Catching a cold at a trivium/maiden concert? So worth it if you ask me lol
    Lol, definitely. Was up as close as I could get for Trivium (managed to snag some vids/pics that I think turned out nice.) But holy hell was I smooshed by the crowd haha. I ended up getting dragged out by security during the intro to Hallowed be Thy Name because I got light headed/fuzzy vision thanks to a few factors haha. Still a great concert though!
    Suffocating sight is a bitch! Wish I could play that effortlessly.

Oh 100% I've been working on the main riff alone for like 2 months now slowly incorporating the pattern into my own playing to make it easier to play. It's just so fast though that it wears you down fast haha.
    As for me, I don’t play a lot these days - lack of time and inspiration. However when I do it’s tons of fun since I switched to digital amps. Might even say I am almost more drawn to Bass lately.
    Damn, I'm sorry to hear that about the lack of time and inspiration, definitely feel you on the inspiration part though. Digital amps/plugins are my main method of playing at this point thanks to the convenience of it. That reminds me I need to pick up my bass again!

Synner Endless Summer Collection