• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Time to say hi...

JJ7X

Garage band Groupie
Dec 6, 2020
Hi everyone.

After lurking for a while I figured it’s time to say hi.
I’ve been playing guitar on and off since ‘98, pretty much rhythm only. Tried here and there to dabble with the lead elements from my beloved A7X, but always found it way too hard. I work in a busy hospital, so most of my last year has been spent treating critically-ill Covid patients. The only good thing that’s come from this has been the overtime, with which I treated myself to the satin Custom-S for Xmas. She’s a beauty! Seeing as it was my birthday last week and someone was selling the red & black Custom on Ebay for a good price, I had to treat myself again 😂. It arrived in a pretty disgusting state, but after a good clean and a setup I’ve now got one in Drop D and one in standard for scale practise etc. I’ve really enjoyed the lessons from Papa Gates, and am making my way through the intermediate lessons. It’s been a struggle starting to learn lead, but then I remembered how much effort it took to even get started all those years ago, and i’m making nice little baby steps towards my goals. The vid shows some diddling I’ve been doing over the last few days after the night shifts. I’m always receptive to any feedback, but be gentle with me 😂 It’s great to be a part of such a great community, especially one that doesn’t seem elitist and welcomes people of all abilities. Hopefully chat to some of you along the way. JJ

Attachments

• 4F89E0E1-B55D-4A7D-9AD6-247417425E97.jpeg
    4F89E0E1-B55D-4A7D-9AD6-247417425E97.jpeg
    162.9 KB · Views: 126
  • C2B9F261-3E2B-4FAE-82A5-343BD1A5CB2A.jpeg
    C2B9F261-3E2B-4FAE-82A5-343BD1A5CB2A.jpeg
    256.3 KB · Views: 119
Synner Endless Summer Collection