• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Tommy Emanuel

Aightball

Garage band Groupie
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Iowa
    aightball.wordpress.com
    I don't follow a lot of guitar players but I'm watching The Grand Ole Opry live on YouTube and they've got this gentleman named Tommy Emanuel playing. Holy cow. This dudes fingers are flying up and down the fret board of his acoustic in a blur. Is anyone else in awe some of the pickers out there?

J

Jak Angelescu

I don't follow a lot of guitar players but I'm watching The Grand Ole Opry live on YouTube and they've got this gentleman named Tommy Emanuel playing. Holy cow. This dudes fingers are flying up and down the fret board of his acoustic in a blur. Is anyone else in awe some of the pickers out there?
    That's so awesome you're discovering new players!

• Love
    Reactions: Aightball
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

John Robinson

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Nashville tn.
    ok since i live in nashville here you go..yes chet atkins and keith urban and brad paisley are awesome players.if you want to really see some good players dive into bluegrass.Dierks bently is also a good player..i suggest Dierks cd"up on the ridge"it is a combo of country and bluegrass...can you imagine if you take all of these techniques and put them together how badass of a player you could be....dont ever limit yourself to one style

Aightball

Garage band Groupie
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Iowa
    aightball.wordpress.com
    ok since i live in nashville here you go..yes chet atkins and keith urban and brad paisley are awesome players.if you want to really see some good players dive into bluegrass.Dierks bently is also a good player..i suggest Dierks cd"up on the ridge"it is a combo of country and bluegrass...can you imagine if you take all of these techniques and put them together how badass of a player you could be....dont ever limit yourself to one style
    I LOVE bluegrass! Have been listening to the blue grass channel at work the last couple of days. I had no idea Dirks Bently played bluegrass, though...will have to look him up. The current country music scene isn't my deal...I grew up on Johnny Cash, Loretta Lynn, George Strait...anything past about 2000 or so I haven't listened to much if at all...

• Love
    Reactions: John Robinson

John Robinson

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Nashville tn.
    I LOVE bluegrass! Have been listening to the blue grass channel at work the last couple of days. I had no idea Dirks Bently played bluegrass, though...will have to look him up. The current country music scene isn't my deal...I grew up on Johnny Cash, Loretta Lynn, George Strait...anything past about 2000 or so I haven't listened to much if at all...
    Hell yeah..outlaw country..dierks bentlys cd..up on the ridge..is what you want...and to add a couple more..cody jinks and the steel woods...hell i could talk music all night

Aightball

Garage band Groupie
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Iowa
    aightball.wordpress.com
    Hell yeah..outlaw country..dierks bentlys cd..up on the ridge..is what you want...and to add a couple more..cody jinks and the steel woods...hell i could talk music all night
    I will check those out, too! I love it when I fall down a music conversation hole, haha! I get started sometimes and people have to tell me to stop talking music because I get going so fast

Synner Endless Summer Collection