• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Tone of Humbucker vs. Sustainiac? (Custom vs. Custom S)

JazzyJacck

New Student
Jul 23, 2020
How does the tone of the Sustainiac pickup compare to the Schecter Synyster Gates Signature Humbucker pickup? Disregard the sustain effect of the sustaniac, I want to strictly talk tone only. I'm just wondering if I should buy a Custom or a Custom S. The sustain effect of the sustainiac seems cool, but I'm just wondering if the tone of the pickup isn't as good as the humbucker.

Grandroid828

One Stringer
Jul 28, 2020
I cant compare it to the syn gates neck pup (i can soon, replacing my older invader model sg custom with the schecter pups soon) but i have a custom S too, and i can definitely say the sustainiac as a pickup is far heavier and clearer than the invader.

the bridge syn gates schecter pickup is also punchier and clearer than the bridge invader.

for what little thats worth, hope it helps.sorry its not exactly answering your question though.