• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Top 10 albums of 2020

marc2000z

Free Bird Player
Apr 29, 2020
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Since this shitty year is almost coming to a close, and that there's probably not too many major releases coming out later this year, I thought I'd share with you my 10 favorite albums of 2020.

My top 10 list:
1. Deftones - Ohms
2. Sylosis - Cycle of Suffering
3. Avatar - Hunter Gatherer
4. Unleash the Archers - Abyss
5. Code Orange - Underneath
6. Paradise Lost - Obsidian
7. Sepultura - Quadra
8. Trivium - What the Dead Men Say
9. Mr. Bungle - The Raging Wrath of the Easter Bunny
10. Venom Prison - Primeval

Comment down below what are your 10 favorite records of 2020. :)

Last edited:

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
I'm gonna come back to this later. I only remember actively listening to the new taylor swift record an I loved it. There's a new Paul McCartney record coming in december and I looked at the list of records released in 2020 and some of those quite interest me but haven't checked them out yet. I'm terrible with keeping up to date with new music 🤣

I do have 33 records to go through so it may take me a while 🤣🤣

Last edited:

Filip Tomiša

Campfire Attention Holder
Nov 11, 2019
Croatia
www.youtube.com
The Weeknd - After Hours (Possibly has the best pop song of the year "Blinding Lights")

Joji - Nectar (The guy that statred as Filthy Frank on Youtube making the most un-pc content ever and also starting the whole Harlem Shake trend back in 2013., switched to music and made another great album. This man is a national treasure)

Eminem - Music To Be Murdered By (When I heard him rap on "Godzilla" towards the end I lost my shit. The speed is insane.)

Infected Mushroom - More Than Just A Name (My favourite electronic group that never fails to amaze me. The drop on "Ani Mevushal" has to be one of my favourites)

The Ghost Inside - Selftitled (Best comeback of 2020 since the bus crash accident in 2015. The drummer lost a leg and still didn't give up and managed to persevere as well as the other band members.)

Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia (I Listened to "Break My Heart" so many times. The bassline is very catchy even though it's a copy of INXS - Need You Tonight)

Grey Daze - Amends (Chester Bennington's old band and they re-recorded their old songs I believe. Big recommendation for all the LP fans.)

Lamb of God - Selftitled (First album without Chris Adler but the new drummer did a good job.)

Avatar - Hunter Gatherer (Another great album by Avatar. One of the few metal bands that keeps the whole metal genre interesting and not boring or generic)

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Grey Daze - Amends (Chester Bennington's old band and they re-recorded their old songs I believe. Big recommendation for all the LP fans.)

I saw Grey Daze back in about 1998 in Phoenix, AZ. I thought they were a mediocre band with nothing going for them except an amazing singer. I told the singer that while he was pointing out that I'd been hitting on his wife. I'm sure I wasn't the only one telling him that, though, because he quit Grey Daze and the rest is history.

Ed Seith

Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    All I've really got for this year besides Trivium, which was really good, is new live albums from Ice Nine Kills (excellent), Periphery (okay), Parkway Drive (excellent). There's Ozzy's Ordinary Man, which is good, but not big for repeat listens, and the new Springsteen which is his best in decades. New Bon Jovi is decent, too, but not great.

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    As far as my 10 favourite albums goes

• King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - chunky Shrapnel
    • Childish Gambino - 3.15.20
    • The Teskey Brothers - live at the forum
    • Bruce Springsteen - Letter To You
    • John Frusciante - Maya
    • Joscho Stephan - Transatlantic Guitar Duo
    • Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia
    • Tame Impala - The Slow Rush
    • Moby - All Visible Objects
    • Taylor Swift - Folklore

Honorable mentions would be lady Gaga-Chromatica, Selena Gomez-Rare, Gorillaz-Song Machine:Season one strange times and Bruno Major-To Let a good thing die.

Now there's an Arctic monkeys live album coming out on Friday and a Paul mccartney album later this year but couldn't include either of those for obvious reasons

Last edited:

Ed Seith

Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    As far as my 10 favourite albums goes

• King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - chunky Shrapnel
    • Childish Gambino - 3.15.20
    • The Resort Brothers - live at the forum
    • Bruce Springsteen - Letter To You
    • John Frusciante - Maya
    • Joscho Stephan - Transatlantic Guitar Duo
    • Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia
    • Tame Impala - The Slow Rush
    • Moby - All Visible Objects
    • Taylor Swift - Folklore

Honorable mentions would be lady Gaga-Chromatica, Selena Gomez-Rare, Gorillaz-Song Machine:Season one strange times and Bruno Major-To Let a good thing die.

Now there's an Arctic monkeys live album coming out on Friday and a Paul mccartney album alter this year but couldn't include either of those for obvious reasons
    Cool, you enjoyed the Springsteen record then?

Reactions: idssdi

Edward John

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    UK
    Since this shitty year is almost coming to a close, and that there's probably not too many major releases coming out later this year, I thought I'd share with you my 10 favorite albums of 2020.

My top 10 list:
    1. Code Orange - Underneath
    2. Deftones - Ohms
    3. Avatar - Hunter Gatherer
    4. Unleash the Archers - Abyss
    5. Trivium - What the Dead Men Say
    6. Sepultura - Quadra
    7. Mr. Bungle - The Raging Wrath of the Easter Bunny
    8. AC/DC - Power Up!
    9. The Black Dahlia Murder - Verminous
    10. Orbit Culture - Nija

Comment down below what are your 10 favorite records of 2020. :)
    Not the best album, but the best song was Nickelback's cover of "The Devil Went Down to Georgia".
    Nickelback - The Devil Went Down To Georgia (Cover by Nickelback) [Official Animated Video] - YouTube

Jamie London

GYNNER
    Staff member
  • Nov 11, 2019
    California
    synner.com
    I’ve changed this around a few times, I keep adding and taking things away, but I think this is the list I’m most happy with so far haha

1. Mr. Bungle - Raging Wrath of the Easter Bunny
    2. Drake Bell - The Lost Album
    3. Poppy - I Disagree
    4. G-Eazy - Everything’s Strange Here
    5. Marilyn Manson - We Are Chaos
    6. BMTH - Post Human: Survival Horror
    7. MGK - Tickets to my Downfall
    8. Trivium - What the Dead Men Say
    9. The Struts - Strange Days
    10. Imperial Triumphant- Alphaville

chris_is_cool

Hot Topic Tourer
    Apr 18, 2020
    Cologne, Germany
    I've been awful at keeping up with new music this year, but here are my top 10 albums this year, in alphabetical order, no ranking.

• Confess - Burn 'em All
    • Dark Tranquillity - Moment
    • The Ghost Inside - s/t
    • H.E.A.T - II
    • Heaven Shall Burn - Of Truth And Sacrifice
    • Midnight - Rebirth by Blasphemy
    • Midnight Danger - Chapter 2: Endless Nightmare
    • Nightwish - Human. :||: Nature.
    • Unleash The Archers - Abyss
    • Scandroid - The Darkness and The Light