• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Top 5 favourite guitarists

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Jen Hapke

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Great suggestions.
I’ve never made any kind of list in my head.
Some more suggestions would be:
Mark Tremonti
Slash (I’m listening to Velvet Revolver right now)
David Gilmour
Jimmy Page
I recommend Yasi hofer. She’s awesome and did somethings with Steve Vai.

Josh Lachapelle

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Man, tough one! There’s so many amazing guitarists out there, but if I’m going off ones who influence ME the most, I’d have to say.
1: Zacky V (the reason is that as a guitarist, I feel most similar to him. I play solid Rhythm but I need to improve my Leads as he’s done over the years and from learning from Syn. That’s why Zacky influences me the most and I feel I relate to him in many ways).
2: Syn (As a lead guitarist he’s incredibly talented, has a wide variety of styles & influences he incorporates in A7X, and he just has such a creative and unique style).
3: James Hetfield/Kirk Hammett (James for similar reasons as my reasons for Zacky in certain ways. James is just a killer Rhythm guitarist who can play some nice, not over the top leads. I feel like Rhythm Guitarists don’t get enough credit either haha)
4: John Petrucci
5: Dimebag Darrell

John Setzler

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Let me modify that.
Favorites in terms of listening (can’t list just 5):
Tremonti
Syn
Hetfield
Loomis
Laiho
Wylde
Heafy and Beaulieu
Devin Townsend
Favorites in terms of listening and the style I’m wanting to “specialize in” so to speak:
Tremonti (in both lists due to the reason in my previous comment)
Vai
MacAlpine
Angel Vivaldi
Andy James