• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Tube Screamer/Overdrive Pedals AMA

[DELETED]

Campfire Attention Holder
Nov 11, 2019
I know you don't play djenty stuff or tune to drop Q. That's why I asked, haha. I've been an A7X fan for like 20 years. I met you and Zach at Warped Tour 2002 and we talked about guitar stuff. (Marshall vs. Mesa/Boogie, etc.) Anyway, when I saw this thread, I was like "That dude knows his stuff! I'll ask his opinion." Thanks for the input!
I was 8 years old in 2002, I dont think you met me at Warped Tour lol. That's funny though, I say Drop Q all the time. But let me know whatever pedal you get, especially if you get the Tight Drive

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I was 8 years old in 2002, I dont think you met me at Warped Tour lol. That's funny though, I say Drop Q all the time. But let me know whatever pedal you get, especially if you get the Tight Drive

Goddamn, thanks for making me feel old, man. My oldest child is a year younger than you. Get off my lawn.

troyf805

New Student
    Feb 1, 2021
    Sorry, I totally thought you were Brian! I talked to Brian and Zach at Warped Tour 2002. I think I'm going to go with the Maxon OD9 if the Joyo Vintage Overdrive and Biyang OD10 I have coming don't cut it. (I'm aware of the irony of trying four $30-40 pedals when I could have just bought a Maxon.) I just got a Mosky Demon Screamer and it's got a weird ringing that I can't control even with a noise gate. I might try a different power supply because I have a cheap D'Addario. I'm also on the waiting list for a Deadweald Duality DX, which sounds super-awesome. It's got a great noise gate which you can use with the four cable method for the entire chain, which is dope.