• Having issues viewing lessons? We're currently experiencing an issue with the video system we use and will get this fixed soon!

Ulnar/cubital nerve problems. Have you experienced? Do you know good prevention and therapy?

Lucas Lucat

Garage band Groupie
Sep 15, 2021
BRA
Arm nerve problems manifest as lack of dexterity, numbness, lack of strength.
Ulnar nerve, as far as I remember, refers explicitly to to the ring and pinky finger nerve.

_.png

After many months without a problem I must have slept over my arm, woke up this week with my fingers not as numb as other times but weaker.
I can't do barre chords, can't bend strings towards the ceiling, only towards the ground. Still workable, but

I have started stretching based on this video

Just a general thread, watch your health 👀 😄, I know at times I thought stretching is for 'guitar athletes and tryhards, I'm not doing anything fancy here', and, well, now it's a little difficult to do even the basics 😊

Last edited:

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
Legend
  • Nov 11, 2019
    I got some trouble with this nerve in my fret arm since last year, not sure if it's connected but my shoulder/neck area stays constantly tense. From an injury.

Gonna try this stuff, Thanks!

I just did it, it helps :D

Last edited:
    Reactions: Lucas Lucat

Alicia Willis

Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Augusta, GA
    Fabulous post ! With nerve flossing though if you feel increased pain while doing it, stop immediately.
    I was recommended nerve flossing after a back injury when I was having issues with my leg. Needless to say it was not for me as I had nerve damage and flossing made me want to die lol.
    Always listen to your body.
    I’m so glad you found something that works for you.