• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Ulnar/cubital nerve problems. Have you experienced? Do you know good prevention and therapy?

Flower Hands

Garage band Groupie
Sep 15, 2021
BRA
Arm nerve problems manifest as lack of dexterity, numbness, lack of strength.
Ulnar nerve, as far as I remember, refers explicitly to to the ring and pinky finger nerve.

_.png

After many months without a problem I must have slept over my arm, woke up this week with my fingers not as numb as other times but weaker.
I can't do barre chords, can't bend strings towards the ceiling, only towards the ground. Still workable, but

I have started stretching based on this video

Just a general thread, watch your health 👀 😄, I know at times I thought stretching is for 'guitar athletes and tryhards, I'm not doing anything fancy here', and, well, now it's a little difficult to do even the basics 😊

Last edited:

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    Fabulous post ! With nerve flossing though if you feel increased pain while doing it, stop immediately.
    I was recommended nerve flossing after a back injury when I was having issues with my leg. Needless to say it was not for me as I had nerve damage and flossing made me want to die lol.
    Always listen to your body.
    I’m so glad you found something that works for you.