• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Underrated guitarists

Augusto Abreu

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Brazil
hey guys, hope you are doing good. i was listening to music a few moments ago, and i realised that most of the guitar players that i listen nowadays are quite, well, unknown to the general public (at least it seems to me). I wonder if you guys also listen to them. have you heard of stephen taranto? Adam Rafowitz (arch echo), daniele gottardo, jesse cash (erra), rafael bittencourt (angra), Michael Romeo (symphony X). If you do know them, what are you toughts on them? also, can you tell me great players that you feel like are relatively unkown and deserve more attention? on the internet everytime i see this whole "best guitar players" debate (i do find them quite stupid, art is not a competitive sport...), i see always the sames guys, over and over again, it's kinda sad actually, i feel like new guys dont even have a chance. PS: i know some of the players i mentioned are not "new", but i still consider them underrrated and relatively unkown.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Muz Malek

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Singapore
www.instagram.com
Nick Johnston!

His unique song arrangements & a very quirky personality is just awesome hahah.

I brought my Schecter Syn Custom-S to his guitar clinic(with Keith Merrow) once to have their autographs on it.

Keith had already signed my cavity plate, so Nick was looking elsewhere to sign it.

He pointed to Syn's signature and asked "whose is it?" and I said "Synyster Gates!" and without hesitation, he signed over it 🤣🤣🤣

(sorry, @Syn Gates )

Screenshot_20210510-075854_Instagram.jpg

Eric Kane

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Nick Johnston!

His unique song arrangements & a very quirky personality is just awesome hahah.

I brought my Schecter Syn Custom-S to his guitar clinic(with Keith Merrow) once to have their autographs on it.

Keith had already signed my cavity plate, so Nick was looking elsewhere to sign it.

He pointed to Syn's signature and asked "whose is it?" and I said "Synyster Gates!" and without hesitation, he signed over it 🤣🤣🤣

(sorry, @Syn Gates )

View attachment 1507
    I like Nick Johnston, but that's not cool. Being a Schecter guy himself, he should know who Syn is. Also, don't sign directly over someone else's signature, even if it's just printed...

Reactions: Augusto Abreu

Muz Malek

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Singapore
    www.instagram.com
    I like Nick Johnston, but that's not cool. Being a Schecter guy himself, he should know who Syn is. Also, don't sign directly over someone else's signature, even if it's just printed...

Haha, well I know for sure Syn'd be laughing at it too, because there's no disrespect here tbh. If you know Nick Johnston's personality, you won't be offended too. Syn & Nick are among the most chill guitarist, not just in the Schecter family, but as guitarists in general.

And yes, pretty damn well sure he knows Syn too, that's why he does that :LOL:

Cheers man!

Reactions: Ed Seith