• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Unholy confessions

Javier Wienarjati

Campfire Attention Holder
Dec 7, 2021
Indonesia
www.instagram.com

Here's an old clip Zacky teaching how to downpick. And here's also a clip from the Ernie Balls

But I played differently from him to make it easier for me. 😅

Upvote 0

Andrew Fernandes

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
London
www.youtube.com

Here's an old clip Zacky teaching how to downpick. And here's also a clip from the Ernie Balls

But I played differently from him to make it easier for me. 😅
I know this sounds stupid coming from me. But he plays it "wrong"(zacky) on one part. I spoke to syn about it ages ago. They sorta improvised the part I'm referring to when they played it live and also in this video. In the part where you're meant to hit the low d string twice not like the power chord once but everything else is right. That's if you wanna play it exactly like the album. If you wanna play it live then that Ernie ball video is perfect for the live performance.

Reactions: Javier Wienarjati
Upvote 0

Javier Wienarjati

Campfire Attention Holder
Dec 7, 2021
Indonesia
www.instagram.com
I know this sounds stupid coming from me. But he plays it "wrong"(zacky) on one part. I spoke to syn about it ages ago. They sorta improvised the part I'm referring to when they played it live and also in this video. In the part where you're meant to hit the low d string twice not like the power chord once but everything else is right. That's if you wanna play it exactly like the album. If you wanna play it live then that Ernie ball video is perfect for the live performance.
Ohh I see, maybe that's why one of the comments said it's how they play live. Thanks for the explanation.
here is my version isolated I play it alternative picking. It's, not the best it's quite alright. I thought it is interesting to show it to you as I alternate pick which I shouldn't have done but I think it's easier to do it like this.
Great play and tone man. How did you get that sound? I play this song alternate too, I'm suck on downpickings. Lol. I really have to donwnpick more.. I also play the Syn part "wrong" I think, because it's easier for me.

Reactions: Andrew Fernandes
Upvote 0
Synner Endless Summer Collection

Andrew Fernandes

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
London
www.youtube.com
Ohh I see, maybe that's why one of the comments said it's how they play live. Thanks for the explanation.

Great play and tone man. How did you get that sound? I play this song alternate too, I'm suck on downpickings. Lol. I really have to donwnpick more.. I also play the Syn part "wrong" I think, because it's easier for me.

It was a fender amp, I have to go back and check which model as it's not my amp. I used the cable from the amp to interface to get the signal into the DAW. When I first heard the amp I thought to myself that's the unholy Confessions Sound. I got a lot of negative comments about my tone on youtube. If I had recorded the amp via a microphone it would be a much better tone but I do agree with you I like the tone. Also whilst the signal/sound was on Logic pro x My producer put an acoustic digital amp plugin on top of it also to try to help with the poor quality of the sound. If you want an easier way to play unholy confessions you can pedal the A string. You look young which is great that you're playing this song as you are doing a great job. Congratulations you have a bright future!

• Love
Reactions: Javier Wienarjati
Upvote 0