• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Unusual way of playing

solarslam76

New Student
Feb 9, 2023
So I'm 47 years old started playing around the age of 16 but I play a right handed guitar left handed I'm so so at it but learning to do chords and tab has always been trying.
I have to do everything in reverse.
Is there anyway I can do things easier without trying to relearn ?
As I said I can play...not great but it's not impossible

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    The easiest way, honestly, is to either commit to it and work the fuck out of it, or change the thing that's holding you back. You can take the existing guitar and have it setup upside down (it will need a new nut unless it's a Floyd Rose locking nut) so you have an upside-down guitar strung correctly for your orientation, or you can sell it and buy a true lefty (which would probably be much more comfortable).

You wouldn't be going back to square one, you'd just have a few months where you had to get used to doing everything opposite and then you'd be used to it.

Ultimately, it's a "shit or get off the pot" moment for you - either accept the status quo or make a radical-but-do-able change. Best of luck, either way.

Upvote 0