• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Users Experience and Opinions About Audio Interfaces

Csgozzo91

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Apr 10, 2020
Madrid, Spain.
Hello everyone, I am here to thank you all. I was working on a cover of Bat Country Solo, to share with you my experience with the Focusrite (the best option for sure), the first solo I learned from A7X ten years ago (I didn't play it well, neither now, but I'm trying to do better), I forgot and then I learned again, to make this video. I'm not a great producer or a good guitarist, but I hope you like it and I will share my progress with the guitar and the Focusrite. Thanks again!

I leave the following link so you can see the video on Instagram.

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Nice! Came out great! Biggest feedback I would give is to watch your timing. On some of the more melodic bits, you were rushing the part and playing ahead of the beat. THE BEAT IS KING. You can CHOOSE to play in front of or behind it for effect or personal taste (Syn plays much of the lead on the white album behind the beat), but to do it by accident is twenty lashes with a metronome!

Csgozzo91

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Apr 10, 2020
    Madrid, Spain.
    Thank you so much @Ed Seith that's great feedback, I'll put in practice my timing, I know that a made many mistakes, actually, that was a short session on free time that I had the past afternoon Sunday. I like the idea to create a short video of the progress in general. In any case, I really appreciate the criticism and the details that I must work on, many times when we play we don't realize how many mistakes we make until we record ourselves. But you're right to play behind the beat by accident is a sin. I'll work my timing, and I promise to come up with better videos. Thanks again!

Reactions: Ed Seith

Csgozzo91

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Apr 10, 2020
    Madrid, Spain.
    I agree that's really funny! Writing it I realized that, and I thought it deserves to be a meme. This made my day @Ed Seith. LOL :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    Behind_The_Beat.jpeg

Last edited:

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    In my humble opinion, you can't beat Focusrite for price, dependability, and quality. Presonus is also great and won't break the bank.
    I would figure out how many ins and outs you need and check out Focusrite. They have small (stereo units) as well as multi input boxes.
    I have a presonus audio box 2 track. Cost me a couple hundred. It improved my tone drastically just from plugging into itnover the ampnwith the USB.

Reactions: Csgozzo91
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Saoirse Byrne

Campfire Attention Holder
    Nov 11, 2019
    UK
    I did a lot of research trying to find the best way to record at home in my price range and I ended up going with a second hand focusrite scarlett 2i2. I got one with 2 inputs as I wanted to record vocals and guitar at the same time, if you only want to record guitar the solo 1 input version is even cheaper. I’ve had it for a few months now and use it a lot, it’s really good tbh the quality is perfect, no latency that i can hear. Even used ones come with ableton live 10 lite which I personally really like because it has lots of drum samples that you can loop to make beats for backing tracks. Even easier with a midi keyboard/drum pads.

Reactions: Csgozzo91

Csgozzo91

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Apr 10, 2020
    Madrid, Spain.
    That is good @Saoirse Byrne. And good advice on drum samples, I'll check it out. I've also been studying about it, and I have a Scarlett 2i2, which I recently bought and the quality is amazing, for a home study, it's enough for now. we'll see what comes next. I agree with you that we have many things to study, this is another world. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Reactions: Ed Seith