• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Verifying account and uploading RIffs

Daniel Verde

Local Dive Bar Favorite
Nov 11, 2019
So I just posted my second video on youtube, and I felt like its about time I posted on The Synyster Gates School! Verification just does not work either through facebook or through google. And I cannnot upload a riff until after I have verified my account. If anyone has any advice please let me know. I would like to be more active here and share stuff like this! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJOcfP7FAZ4

Alyssa Coppen

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
I feel ya, man. I just made my account and i’m all excited to participate. I just did my first video (like, ever) and i can’t post it here because of the verification. This is mine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNBsZ3dIuWQ&feature=youtu.be
Your cover was amazing, by the way! It’s so cool and all over the place haha
What’s the status of your account verification as of now?

J

Jak Angelescu

I’m really sorry that you both are having issues with verifying your accounts. As someone who has worked a little bit with the administrators on this issue, it’s an issue that’s been going on since a great hacking situation that happened almost half a year ago. Ever since then it’s been very difficult for new people to get their accounts verified. The administrators are well aware of the situation but I’m not sure if they quite know what’s going on with it yet. But please rest assured that we are trying to figure out How to get it resolved. 🙂

Daniel Verde

Local Dive Bar Favorite
Nov 11, 2019
Alyssa, thanks for the kind words! It means a lot to me. I’ve been using the Syngates School ever since it launched. However I did not verify my account right away and it seems due to hackers the site is on some what of a lock down. So the current status is that for now I can’t verify my Syngates School account and won’t be able to post. But I looked up your first video you shared. I subscribed and liked your video to show support for you! I’m sure in time I’ll be able to do that here. Also to build off your video’s topic of learning the notes on the fretboard, I have a trick for remembering that B and E are the only notes that don’t have sharps. Just think of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb7eNTmhr8E. So if you ever second guess yourself jumping around the neck just remember this!
Jak, So excited to see that you posted on my topic! First I have to say that you are very helpful and active on this site! The other day I was reading the comments below one of the lessons and your comment gave me a little bit of perspective and I wrote a riff based on something you had said! On the subject of verification I’ve seen older posts where you acknowledged this and now that you answered my post I know the problem is still unresolved. So I know that I’m not doing anything wrong at least! I’ll give it some time and try again. Thanks!

Jancok Jancok

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
at the beginning of registering I also experienced that verification problem and today I was really told that I had been verified …
I suggest you try asking for help from one of the administrators at this school, so they find out that you are asking for verification and that is what I did

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Alyssa Coppen

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
I think my account got verified. I’m gonna try to post my video and see if it works. Thank you for checking out my video though! I hope my video helps haha
That video was hilarious. Now, whenever i go to play a B or E note, i’ll hear him say “B an’ E, we’re gonna do a B an’ E!”

Jancok Jancok

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
try to go to the member directory and then to the administrator named ” Joe ” and submit your problem. I do that and he responds to be patient if this method doesn’t work, I don’t think there is any other way for your problem to be resolved quickly

Daniel Verde

Local Dive Bar Favorite
Nov 11, 2019
Hey everyone, I’m happy to say that I just got home and my account is now verified. I didn’t contact anyone specific. What I did was last night, I scrolled to the bottom of the page and clicked the “contact us” link. I filled out the information and gave a quick summary of what was going on. Someone somewhere verified my account. And long story short I just shared my first video on The Synyster Gates School a few seconds ago! So thank you to whoever verified me, and if anyone else has trouble just do what I did. You’ll probably be verified within a day.

Synner Endless Summer Collection