• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

We want to hear from you!

iridecently

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Jun 5, 2020
    Groningen
    Hey everyone!

A lot of great comments here and I really appreciate the turn towards focusing on suggestions. Emotion welcome but suggestions will help you all the most.

Transparency

Live Streaming

COVID and writing and recording a new record has made things terribly slow in the development of final goals. I can’t build anything else until SynTV is built. Resources are just super limited and Team Audentio(angels from above) is literally working with a skeleton crew and funding a lot themselves because of the undertaking. I just simply can’t throw 10s of millions of dollars to create a live streaming feature that competes w Twitch or YouTube…which it absolutely needs to in order for a smooth experience and engagement. This takes monumental amounts of time both on AND off the clock. Good news is we are almost there!

Live streaming was always the main feature to get real results as a guitar player. A place where all levels of of active and helpful students could share their knowledge directly with you and answer questions with words AND demonstrations. Again ALMOST HERE!!

The Syndicate

This club will be built out after live streaming and certain features we agree on are built. This will run similar to Deathbats Club but will not be a part of an NFT collection. It is for people who have purchased certain types of guitars or merch as well as for high value community members.

This brings me to “high value”. This term has confused and even offended some on social media. What I mean by “high value”, is simply kindness and education. If you are a kind, engaging, and super helpful student, you will be rewarded with access to The Syndicate. Perks may include but are not limited to, meet n greets, a group lesson with PG and me, private lessons with Synstructors, exclusive merch, discounts on merch, and more.

NFTs

After 5 years in crypto and 65 hours and counting in NFT education, I believe it to be the future of the Internet. Web3 is a decentralized version of the Internet. A great example is the social media platform BitClout. BitClout is modeled after Twitter but with open source code. What does this mean? It means that you can build your own BitClout app as many have already done. Even cooler is the fact that you could bring that tech into this school as our own personal social media experience.

With BitClout, every user is given their own coin, a type of crypto currency built off the blockchain . People can buy your coin if they like the value(kindness and education) you are creating and the value of your coin increases. It’s a way to literally invest in people and companies that provide value to you rather than create a popularity contest based off likes and useless comments.

At the moment, BitClout has completely eliminated trolling by virtue of the coin. If you’re a dick, nobody buys your coin. There is also no data mining or ads. The value, both monetary and human, comes from the community FOR the community. I suggest that you try out this form of social media before we give up on social media altogether because Fuckerberg steals our data, manipulates our emotions, and keeps us glued to his fucked up world with the most high end algorithms in existence.

Now I’m not saying we are going to implement BitClout, but this is an example of the culture behind Web3 and NFTs-they are giving the power back to the community.

Also, there are inherent problems currently like environmental impact from SOME blockchains but the overwhelming enthusiasm and confidence that the smartest people in the space have, is beyond exciting. They also believe that finding a way to reduce and eliminate harmful amounts of energy usage in blockchain could usher in the tech to fix this problem globally. Either way, great progress is being made.

Tough Love

And now for the fun part lol. The way this community runs is ENTIRELY up to you. If you want a certain type of engagement, then engage that way. It does NOT mean it will work. Every CEO, serial entrepreneur, and investor will tell you. Nothing ever ends up like the original vision. It’s a living and breathing life form we have given birth to and as hard as we try to send our child to Harvard, he might wanna move to Nicaragua and surf everyday.

The only people with real control(as long as I don’t Zuckerberg the tech), are you guys.

Which brings me to me. This site isn’t for me and isn’t set up to function only when I’m here. In fact, it’s a pyramid scheme. YES, a mother fucking pyramid scheme. Believe it or not, many wonderful things in this world are pyramid schemes. This is one of those wonderful things.

This was set up for YOU to learn, teach, and govern one another. Even if I wanted to, which I don’t, I couldn’t spend enough time here to help you all accomplish your goals. YOU have to spend the time here, engaging with one another. Encouraging one another. And most importantly, empathizing with one another.

Back to NFTs, I do not owe any of you guitar lessons, more time, or an exclusive club. Avenged as a whole had the desire and capital to create an amazing opportunity open to ALL fans. How with only 10 thousand you ask? Because, less importantly, is the opportunity to earn one for free from our private reserve if we see outstanding community members providing high value(kindness and education) to others. More important is the sheer fact that we are bringing our fans with us into the future by creating something that will hopefully push them to educate themselves on a potentially life changing space with a Utopian ethos- An Internet where you keep, control, and monetize your own data.

Synner

The only thing that really excites me is to bring ultimate value to you guys. That transcends guitar. I have no interest in creating another guitar educational site. The goal is to embolden all of you with a surplus of tools ranging from entrepreneurship to music and beyond. If you simply just learn how to be a great guitar player, you may just go straight to the YouTube hamster wheel because it’s the easiest place to go monetize this craft. The days of guitar heroes in surplus are dead and it’s quite possible we are a dying breed just like the super star clarinet players, the rock star sax players, and many others of yesteryear.

I know that this comes off as a horrifyingly ugly and cimmerian outlook but I don’t feel that way. I feel like this way of keeping things real allows you to stay in front of the eight ball instead of behind it. Also, with this type of information, you can go try to fix it if u are so inclined. Bring great A&R back to scout and develop great guitar bands. We look at labels like they’re bad, and some things they do are, but not when it came to giving bands money and a great producer to spend the right amount of time in a great studio to make amazing music. It takes a bit of magic to capture lightning in a bottle record label capital(💵) could make it much easier.

The tools at Synner HAVE to provide you with the insight that I have gained in my experiences in all facets of business or I will have failed you. These include but are not limited to- website with e-commerce development, broad musical skills ranging from playing and producing to marketing and distribution, investing, future tech, networking, mindfulness, entrepreneurship, legal protection, financial management, and much much more.

I hope that this clears some stuff up for you guys.

Bottom line, we are just getting started🦾

All my love, seriously, ALL of it!

SYN
    :syngates:
    Not gonna lie, everything that is planned for the site sounds like really exciting stuff. I think it's important to just have this written out somewhere just because like people have mentioned, it was (maybe still is) unclear what the intention for this site is. Many joined for the guitar aspect, others join because of the instagram posts, and others have joined for other educational aspects like the production workshop. To be honest, I also think that is where a lot of the disappointment comes from, people expecting one thing and finding the site not to be that.

Other than that I really have nothing to add to this conversation which I haven't already said earlier in this thread 😅

T

TheRedMageGuitarist

Hey everyone!

A lot of great comments here and I really appreciate the turn towards focusing on suggestions. Emotion welcome but suggestions will help you all the most.

Transparency

Live Streaming

COVID and writing and recording a new record has made things terribly slow in the development of final goals. I can’t build anything else until SynTV is built. Resources are just super limited and Team Audentio(angels from above) is literally working with a skeleton crew and funding a lot themselves because of the undertaking. I just simply can’t throw 10s of millions of dollars to create a live streaming feature that competes w Twitch or YouTube…which it absolutely needs to in order for a smooth experience and engagement. This takes monumental amounts of time both on AND off the clock. Good news is we are almost there!

Live streaming was always the main feature to get real results as a guitar player. A place where all levels of of active and helpful students could share their knowledge directly with you and answer questions with words AND demonstrations. Again ALMOST HERE!!

The Syndicate

This club will be built out after live streaming and certain features we agree on are built. This will run similar to Deathbats Club but will not be a part of an NFT collection. It is for people who have purchased certain types of guitars or merch as well as for high value community members.

This brings me to “high value”. This term has confused and even offended some on social media. What I mean by “high value”, is simply kindness and education. If you are a kind, engaging, and super helpful student, you will be rewarded with access to The Syndicate. Perks may include but are not limited to, meet n greets, a group lesson with PG and me, private lessons with Synstructors, exclusive merch, discounts on merch, and more.

NFTs

After 5 years in crypto and 65 hours and counting in NFT education, I believe it to be the future of the Internet. Web3 is a decentralized version of the Internet. A great example is the social media platform BitClout. BitClout is modeled after Twitter but with open source code. What does this mean? It means that you can build your own BitClout app as many have already done. Even cooler is the fact that you could bring that tech into this school as our own personal social media experience.

With BitClout, every user is given their own coin, a type of crypto currency built off the blockchain . People can buy your coin if they like the value(kindness and education) you are creating and the value of your coin increases. It’s a way to literally invest in people and companies that provide value to you rather than create a popularity contest based off likes and useless comments.

At the moment, BitClout has completely eliminated trolling by virtue of the coin. If you’re a dick, nobody buys your coin. There is also no data mining or ads. The value, both monetary and human, comes from the community FOR the community. I suggest that you try out this form of social media before we give up on social media altogether because Fuckerberg steals our data, manipulates our emotions, and keeps us glued to his fucked up world with the most high end algorithms in existence.

Now I’m not saying we are going to implement BitClout, but this is an example of the culture behind Web3 and NFTs-they are giving the power back to the community.

Also, there are inherent problems currently like environmental impact from SOME blockchains but the overwhelming enthusiasm and confidence that the smartest people in the space have, is beyond exciting. They also believe that finding a way to reduce and eliminate harmful amounts of energy usage in blockchain could usher in the tech to fix this problem globally. Either way, great progress is being made.

Tough Love

And now for the fun part lol. The way this community runs is ENTIRELY up to you. If you want a certain type of engagement, then engage that way. It does NOT mean it will work. Every CEO, serial entrepreneur, and investor will tell you. Nothing ever ends up like the original vision. It’s a living and breathing life form we have given birth to and as hard as we try to send our child to Harvard, he might wanna move to Nicaragua and surf everyday.

The only people with real control(as long as I don’t Zuckerberg the tech), are you guys.

Which brings me to me. This site isn’t for me and isn’t set up to function only when I’m here. In fact, it’s a pyramid scheme. YES, a mother fucking pyramid scheme. Believe it or not, many wonderful things in this world are pyramid schemes. This is one of those wonderful things.

This was set up for YOU to learn, teach, and govern one another. Even if I wanted to, which I don’t, I couldn’t spend enough time here to help you all accomplish your goals. YOU have to spend the time here, engaging with one another. Encouraging one another. And most importantly, empathizing with one another.

Back to NFTs, I do not owe any of you guitar lessons, more time, or an exclusive club. Avenged as a whole had the desire and capital to create an amazing opportunity open to ALL fans. How with only 10 thousand you ask? Because, less importantly, is the opportunity to earn one for free from our private reserve if we see outstanding community members providing high value(kindness and education) to others. More important is the sheer fact that we are bringing our fans with us into the future by creating something that will hopefully push them to educate themselves on a potentially life changing space with a Utopian ethos- An Internet where you keep, control, and monetize your own data.

Synner

The only thing that really excites me is to bring ultimate value to you guys. That transcends guitar. I have no interest in creating another guitar educational site. The goal is to embolden all of you with a surplus of tools ranging from entrepreneurship to music and beyond. If you simply just learn how to be a great guitar player, you may just go straight to the YouTube hamster wheel because it’s the easiest place to go monetize this craft. The days of guitar heroes in surplus are dead and it’s quite possible we are a dying breed just like the super star clarinet players, the rock star sax players, and many others of yesteryear.

I know that this comes off as a horrifyingly ugly and cimmerian outlook but I don’t feel that way. I feel like this way of keeping things real allows you to stay in front of the eight ball instead of behind it. Also, with this type of information, you can go try to fix it if u are so inclined. Bring great A&R back to scout and develop great guitar bands. We look at labels like they’re bad, and some things they do are, but not when it came to giving bands money and a great producer to spend the right amount of time in a great studio to make amazing music. It takes a bit of magic to capture lightning in a bottle record label capital(💵) could make it much easier.

The tools at Synner HAVE to provide you with the insight that I have gained in my experiences in all facets of business or I will have failed you. These include but are not limited to- website with e-commerce development, broad musical skills ranging from playing and producing to marketing and distribution, investing, future tech, networking, mindfulness, entrepreneurship, legal protection, financial management, and much much more.

SYN
    I have nothing but to say but "well said!" And thank you so much for taking the time out to craft such a thoughtful and intelligent response. Like you said, we're just getting started! Hail to the king!

Batbia

Music Theory Bragger
  • Jan 11, 2021
    Brazil
    I have been delaying this for some days and I'm glad I did it cause other people already said some things I wanted to and this will save me some time 😹

I know you are asking about the school, but I really don't find a way of doing this without speaking a little about me or my own experience here, so here we go 😬 I'll try to say different things but sorry if I end up being a bit repetitive.

So, the reason why I subscribed here was for the free guitar lessons. When I joined, I had no idea Syn appeared occasionally here, and I didn't even know there were contests with prizes also. So I treat all of this as a plus, cause that's not the reason I subscribed in the first place.

HOWEVER, I know my case it's not the case of some other students and that some of them could really use these as a incentive (not a reason to stay tho), as stated by other people above. On a more personal note, last time I played was around the last contest here, I couldn't pick the guitar after this because of my schedule but whatever cause that's not the focus.

Honestly, Syn being active or not wouldn't affect MY current playing (no offense Syn 😆) but maybe it would be nice for other students? On another hand, I can speak for myself how contests positively influence my playing regardless if I win or not. Again: I'm not here for the contests, I didn't join for it. But if they do good for my playing, why not?

Please note I'm not saying you should use Syn and contests to keep people engaged on this site, cause honestly this would only attract attention seekers and prize diggers and I think no one wants this to the school. What I'm saying is that this could be beneficial for the people who are already here. As long as it's balanced! I hope you get what I'm meaning here.

Now changing the subject, I know some people talked about the media section and I wanna give my two cents on it too. I love the idea of the community giving feedback to the community, but honestly I feel like it's not working to rely solely in it. As other people stated, there's not much people active lately and I think this compromises a bit the feedback system. Also not everyone feel like they can do it. Some people feel like they don't have knowledge to do it, some people don't know how to do it in a nice way, some people can't check everything, and some people are all of the above. For example, I feel like I can't offer much despite saying that a video is sounding nice and that I loved it, and this when I actually know the song so I have basis to say something. Though this can be encouraging, it's not REALLY helpful feedback at all. I think this is one of the most important parts of the school, and feedback from other users is surely interesting, but it's not working to have it as the main feature. Unfortunately I can't think of a solution for it, but I feel like pointing this out anyway cause maybe you guys can come up with something.

Now about what I would like to see here, I know some people before me are talking about more focus on the guitar part but this is the part I will have to disagree 😆 I would like this to be a place not only for guitarists, but for musicians in general. That being said, I would love to see more content added in that sense, like about music production, music theory, and things like that, you get the idea 😊

That's it, sorry for the long ass text 😬

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    I have been delaying this for some days and I'm glad I did it cause other people already said some things I wanted to and this will save me some time 😹

I know you are asking about the school, but I really don't find a way of doing this without speaking a little about me or my own experience here, so here we go 😬 I'll try to say different things but sorry if I end up being a bit repetitive.

So, the reason why I subscribed here was for the free guitar lessons. When I joined, I had no idea Syn appeared occasionally here, and I didn't even know there were contests with prizes also. So I treat all of this as a plus, cause that's not the reason I subscribed in the first place.

HOWEVER, I know my case it's not the case of some other students and that some of them could really use these as a incentive (not a reason to stay tho), as stated by other people above. On a more personal note, last time I played was around the last contest here, I couldn't pick the guitar after this because of my schedule but whatever cause that's not the focus.

Honestly, Syn being active or not wouldn't affect MY current playing (no offense Syn 😆) but maybe it would be nice for other students? On another hand, I can speak for myself how contests positively influence my playing regardless if I win or not. Again: I'm not here for the contests, I didn't join for it. But if they do good for my playing, why not?

Please note I'm not saying you should use Syn and contests to keep people engaged on this site, cause honestly this would only attract attention seekers and prize diggers and I think no one wants this to the school. What I'm saying is that this could be beneficial for the people who are already here. As long as it's balanced! I hope you get what I'm meaning here.

Now changing the subject, I know some people talked about the media section and I wanna give my two cents on it too. I love the idea of the community giving feedback to the community, but honestly I feel like it's not working to rely solely in it. As other people stated, there's not much people active lately and I think this compromises a bit the feedback system. Also not everyone feel like they can do it. Some people feel like they don't have knowledge to do it, some people don't know how to do it in a nice way, some people can't check everything, and some people are all of the above. For example, I feel like I can't offer much despite saying that a video is sounding nice and that I loved it, and this when I actually know the song so I have basis to say something. Though this can be encouraging, it's not REALLY helpful feedback at all. I think this is one of the most important parts of the school, and feedback from other users is surely interesting, but it's not working to have it as the main feature. Unfortunately I can't think of a solution for it, but I feel like pointing this out anyway cause maybe you guys can come up with something.

Now about what I would like to see here, I know some people before me are talking about more focus on the guitar part but this is the part I will have to disagree 😆 I would like this to be a place not only for guitarists, but for musicians in general. That being said, I would love to see more content added in that sense, like about music production, music theory, and things like that, you get the idea 😊

That's it, sorry for the long ass text 😬
    Thank you so much for your feedback, I really appreciate you took the time to write so much! :)

I'll address contests and stuff in general in another statement and Syn has already said his piece in his comment! As for the expansion to more than guitar stuff, I'm glad you feel this way because more will come. I will dive into more of that side of things as live streaming rolls out and so I hope many other people too so stay tuned for that!
    I agree with everything but I felt this statement in my soul 😂😂😂
    You know what else you could feel? Fresh strings under your fingers. Go change your strings.

Last edited:

Adin Shepherd

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Melbourne, Australia
    In all honesty, I don't have any issues with where the site is currently.

I, like a few others, joined for the lessons, not for the name attached to the site. Syn could literally never show up here and it wouldn't change my opinion or appreciation of what is provided.

The community, including the media section, will only ever be as good as we make it. There is no magic formula that will create engagement in the long term. It is up to us all to make it the best it can be, we need to be the change we want to see.

Granted, I have also been guilty of not being overly active lately and will take my own advice and try to be better in that regard.

Keep up the great work🤘

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    They're good cents. I don't think I'm going out on a limb saying that we all had our reservations about combining, but the Dude who pays the bills and has his name stamped all over it had the final say.

In the end, however, it really is ENTIRELY up to the members to keep it school-focused. We can try to drive that with some contests, and we do that with some success, but running contests is a lot of work and, really, being a better guitar player is the best reward in the goddamn world, so....

With that said, I know I can be better about posting and commenting on guitar stuff and being more active as a musician on the site. I've had some personal issues that have made me reluctant, but I will commit (after this week, as I will be out of town) to doing some form of guitar-specific content for the site with greater frequency (I am also really looking forward to the launch of SynTV, which I can use to that end, as well - all the mods and select members can) and also to paying more attention to riffs and videos that others post (trying to avoid too many of the folks who are pro-level with multi-camera shoots and pro mixing and focus on the real STUDENTS).

Most of what's been shared here CAN BE FIXED, but it's important for the community members to accept their role in keeping the site guitar-focused and learning-focused.

Not enough guitar school content? ADD SOME. And give attention when others do. I will recommit to it, and all of you should, as well.

Much love, peeps.
    -Cap
    Inside the school I agree we control everything. Outside with recruiting I feel weve definitely left the school side out since the new instacount was made. Rudo already acknowledged that and I'm sure some ideas are flowing already there.

I'd personally like to see maybe another collab idea. Maybe not as professional as the last to try and pry some.newer players into here. I feel production can be very intimidating.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Hey everyone!

Transparency

Live Streaming

The Syndicate

NFTs

Tough Love

Synner

SYN
    Thank you for the syntv update. I believe it will be a big help in boosting the guitar side of things. And it's been a while since it was announced since we heard anything.

Brian Haner Sr.

Papa
    Staff member
    Legend+
    Fucking Legend
    Nov 11, 2019
    Hey everyone!

Transparency

Live Streaming

The Syndicate

NFTs

Tough Love

Synner

SYN
    Did things get quiet in here - or is it just me?

Steven Huth

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 11, 2019
    I think I've got a few suggestions and would be curious to hear people's thoughts.

First off, I'll start with why I joined this site. Being able to learn from both Syn and Papa is like a dream come true. Learning the ins and outs of playing guitar from your guitar heroes to help one's own guitar playing reach the goals that are set out is huge, and it greatly appealed to me. The lessons are laid out in a go at your own pace way and I think that helps everyone from all skill levels. The community was also a huge plus, as I thought it was super cool that anyone can ask a question, and anyone can respond to that question. The community is what makes this place special.

With that being said, we all have different reasons for being here. It's extremely difficult to try and appeal to everyone and their reasons for joining. Not everyone wants to jump on the forums and help out their fellow students. Maybe some like being social and that side of the school appeals to them more than the lessons or even the questions people ask. My opinion on why the school has had less traffic is because of those reasons.

If my reason for coming here is to ask questions that I would like answered and there's no one to answer those questions...what reason do I have to come back? If my reason for jumping on the forum is to socialize with fellow Syn & Papa/A7X/Guitar fans...and those fans are elsewhere (A7X discord, etc), what reason do I have to come back?

So one thing to tackle may be to help start growing the school again. Get new faces in here and get veterans active again. New features to the site will definitely do that. I think the social media presence of the school needs to get better. Someone mentioned missing the Instagram posts and having a dedicated school profile. The Synner Instagram profile (I'm not sure if that's official?) is labeled as a clothing brand. If I came across that on profile, I honestly would have no idea there was a school dedicated to learning guitar or an entire community behind that.

I'm also curious on how many people are active on the Synner channel in the A7X discord vs coming here. Maybe having some kind of chat here (if the goal is to bring people to the site) in real time will help with the social aspect.

A thousand people have viewed this post and at this time, only 88 have responded. I think finding out the reason why those 900 plus other people haven't spoken up is the key to getting this back to a place that's encouraging and welcoming. It's going to take effort everyone. Be the change you want to see.

I am thankful for everyone here and hope that everyone remembers that the reason you are here is your own and your voice is just as powerful as anyone's.

Aquamandy

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Feb 22, 2021
    Brazil
    Posting this many days later due to college, and yeah, I agree with a few inputs above but I want to share my view on this too so here we go:

- What you think about Synner

Synner is a nice place and, being an outsider from the guitar world, it's a platform I would like to have for my instrument. I can properly witness from day 1 how many knowledge my sister has acquired and how many she still has available to take, all of this organized in a nice curriculum and a nice order. If I want musical knowledge compatible with my interests, I have to search everything on youtube or spend some bucks on a platform she has completely for free. Like, I'm sure everyone on Synner is very grateful for having it, but when the lack of something like this hits you, you totally give it more value than ever.
    I also remember when Bia got her string issues and her feedback came from too many people it was enough for her to fix it on her own. Meanwhile I couldn't find a place where I can ask setup questions for me and I am still struggling with it, so yeah, Synner offers a great support in their forums too, it's pretty hard to find a question that wasn't answered so: good job 👏
    However, not everything is sunshine and rainbows all the time so that's why I'm going to say a bit more things next. I could easily say that I love everything on Synner and have nothing negative to say but I think this opinion isn't helpful at all because it could only mask potential problems that could be solved before getting bigger and bigger and bigger. Synner is not perfect and in my opinion that's exactly why y'all want to hear from the community. And to be honest that doesn't apply to Synner only, but to everything in life. No one's in fact perfect or better than anyone, and we need to keep in our minds that we should always try to be a better version of ourselves day after day.
    So, as I was saying, the school part seems to work fine but yes every member could notice activity dropped. Since the rebrand, the school embraced more the social media part but I couldn't exactly feel the other way around: the Synner social medias (specially Instagram) didn't exactly focus on promoting their students unless they were using a Syn Custom, wearing Synner Merch or playing an A7X Song. I know this needs to be balanced very well otherwise posts on the site will drop due to medias being more attractive but I also think that advertising the school through the students is the best way to truly share what Synner community is 💪
    Oh, and I'm noticing a bunch of new stories now talking about the school after Iris shared her view on that a few days ago so maybe y'all already heard her and this is already changing? 🙃🤞
    Btw, I guess that's what made people a bit upset, because in fact most of us have social medias so that wasn't exactly the problem. Is about following steps that may led to exhibitionists (like Jak criticized) invading a healthy place like this community.
    Look, I 100% support the fact that school is expanding their horizons to more things that aren't exactly guitar related because I myself never was a guitar player 😆 I've made many friends here and I hope that this brings more people that share the same interests as me 🤩 But a thing that maybe the team (and the community, why not?) will need to keep an eye out is: are people here for the different kind of contents and interactions Synner can offer or are they simply here to beg for Syn's attention everytime he appears?
    For example, if you look for Syn's AOTMs, and Ed's AOTMs, that basically share the same concept, you can clearly see there's a different ammount of interactions in their posts because, yeah, Ed's not Syn 🤪
    And yeah this is totally not a competition between them but it shows that there's already people here that don't care about the community, only about being noticed by their idol and that in a large scale can ruin the experience for the other students. And that's the point I think some of them were trying to raise.
    But again, is not that Synner will be a toxic social media. People only brought this up so y'all can be aware of this and think of a way of containing it before it happens 🤝

- What you would like to see

Brooks Wackerman as a Synstructor because I know he has an account here 😎

Jokings aside, I'm looking forward to more music production and music theory content, and some general music challenges (doesn't need to have rewards tho)
    And also more general badges! This isn't top tier priority, is very superficial in fact 😅 is just that my profile is currently poor, and since we're here... 👁👄👁

- How can we be better

Let's be back on the social media/guitar school subject now. I think I get why some people don't want to post their videos anymore. What happened is: when the site was focused on guitar before, people knew that in the end they were all in the same boat. They had more freedom to share their progress and failures because everyone there went/would go through the same thing. After the rebranding, having different people with different interests will make people take a step back because they're no longer in a place where everyone may understand their failures.
    This, however, does not mean the change is negative. Is just a simple behavioral consequence of an action, that some day will need to be dealt with.
    So my suggestion here is thinking about these people so they can coexist with the new path the site is taking now: maybe having a place or a setting that can allow only friends (and mods ofc) to see some of their posts? 🧐 Something like this may help some people feel secure again 😊

Now suggestion #2 only if the team is interested in raising the active members:
    Have y'all thought about promoting the school on the A7X Discord from time to time, since it may be a social media with a wide range like Instagram? Most of the people there have no idea Synner exists and it took Bia, Ari and Dia to explain to them about the site and how it is 100% free because some still believed it was a paid service. Maybe it's a great marketing opportunity that's being wasted. Synner members are promoting the site in there but we can't be there all the time unfortunately 🙁

To finish, I know it's easier to say than to do, but I hope at least a bit of what I said can be used in favor of the community. That's it, appreciate the attention 🙂

Last edited:

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Posting this many days later due to college, and yeah, I agree with a few inputs above but I want to share my view on this too so here we go:

- What you think about Synner

Synner is a nice place and, being an outsider from the guitar world, it's a platform I would like to have for my instrument. I can properly witness from day 1 how many knowledge my sister has acquired and how many she still has available to take, all of this organized in a nice curriculum and a nice order. If I want musical knowledge compatible with my interests, I have to search everything on youtube or spend some bucks on a platform she has completely for free. Like, I'm sure everyone on Synner is very grateful for having it, but when the lack of something like this hits you, you totally give it more value than ever.
    I also remember when Bia got her string issues and her feedback came from too many people it was enough for her to fix it on her own. Meanwhile I couldn't find a place where I can ask setup questions for me and I am still struggling with it, so yeah, Synner offers a great support in their forums too, it's pretty hard to find a question that wasn't answered so: good job 👏
    However, not everything is sunshine and rainbows all the time so that's why I'm going to say a bit more things next. I could easily say that I love everything on Synner and have nothing negative to say but I think this opinion isn't helpful at all because it could only mask potential problems that could be solved before getting bigger and bigger and bigger. Synner is not perfect and in my opinion that's exactly why y'all want to hear from the community. And to be honest that doesn't apply to Synner only, but to everything in life. No one's in fact perfect or better than anyone, and we need to keep in our minds that we should always try to be a better version of ourselves day after day.
    So, as I was saying, the school part seems to work fine but yes every member could notice activity dropped. Since the rebrand, the school embraced more the social media part but I couldn't exactly feel the other way around: the Synner social medias (specially Instagram) didn't exactly focus on promoting their students unless they were using a Syn Custom, wearing Synner Merch or playing an A7X Song. I know this needs to be balanced very well otherwise posts on the site will drop due to medias being more attractive but I also think that advertising the school through the students is the best way to truly share what Synner community is 💪
    Oh, and I'm noticing a bunch of new stories now talking about the school after Iris shared her view on that a few days ago so maybe y'all already heard her and this is already changing? 🙃🤞
    Btw, I guess that's what made people a bit upset, because in fact most of us have social medias so that wasn't exactly the problem. Is about following steps that may led to exhibitionists (like Jak criticized) invading a healthy place like this community.
    Look, I 100% support the fact that school is expanding their horizons to more things that aren't exactly guitar related because I myself never was a guitar player 😆 I've made many friends here and I hope that this brings more people that share the same interests as me 🤩 But a thing that maybe the team (and the community, why not?) will need to keep an eye out is: are people here for the different kind of contents and interactions Synner can offer or are they simply here to beg for Syn's attention everytime he appears?
    For example, if you look for Syn's AOTMs, and Ed's AOTMs, that basically share the same concept, you can clearly see there's a different ammount of interactions in their posts because, yeah, Ed's not Syn 🤪
    And yeah this is totally not a competition between them but it shows that there's already people here that don't care about the community, only about being noticed by their idol and that in a large scale can ruin the experience for the other students. And that's the point I think some of them were trying to raise.
    But again, is not that Synner will be a toxic social media. People only brought this up so y'all can be aware of this and think of a way of containing it before it happens 🤝

- What you would like to see

Brooks Wackerman as a Synstructor because I know he has an account here 😎

Jokings aside, I'm looking forward to more music production and music theory content, and some general music challenges (doesn't need to have rewards tho)
    And also more general badges! This isn't top tier priority, is very superficial in fact 😅 is just that my profile is currently poor, and since we're here... 👁👄👁

- How can we be better

Let's be back on the social media/guitar school subject now. I think I get why some people don't want to post their videos anymore. What happened is: when the site was focused on guitar before, people knew that in the end they were all in the same boat. They had more freedom to share their progress and failures because everyone there went/would go through the same thing. After the rebranding, having different people with different interests will make people take a step back because they're no longer in a place where everyone may understand their failures.
    This, however, does not mean the change is negative. Is just a simple behavioral consequence of an action, that some day will need to be dealt with.
    So my suggestion here is thinking about these people so they can coexist with the new path the site is taking now: maybe having a place or a setting that can allow only friends (and mods ofc) to see some of their posts? 🧐 Something like this may help some people feel secure again 😊

Now suggestion #2 only if the team is interested in raising the active members:
    Have y'all thought about promoting the school on the A7X Discord from time to time, since it may be a social media with a wide range like Instagram? Most of the people there have no idea Synner exists and it took Bia, Ari and Dia to explain to them about the site and how it is 100% free because some still believed it was a paid service. Maybe it's a great marketing opportunity that's being wasted. Synner members are promoting the site in there but we can't be there all the time unfortunately 🙁

To finish, I know it's easier to say than to do, but I hope at least a bit of what I said can be used in favor of the community. That's it, appreciate the attention 🙂

A lot to unpack here, but I'll start with the important stuff. I've stood toe to toe with the man and also stepped on a scale. I am TWICE the man Syn is, so HA! Seriously, I never expected to draw the responses Syn does. Some members find my recommendations appealing and helpful - I do it for them (and a bit for me).

I think the jockeying for Syn's attention may be part of why he really doesn't pipe up here much. He reads and watches, though.

I appreciate that you called out a lot of stuff we and the site do well. That's important. Thank you. Some of the ways you and others have offered suggestions - some have already been implemented. As far as the Discord is concerned, we've got a direct line with all the mods there and we all know each other. We discussed just TODAY about starting to do a little more as a community team to promote the site there - GREAT MINDS!

RobZombie

Free Bird Player
    Aug 20, 2021
    Houston
    I got kicked out of my house and thrown on a bus back to my home town, my family kept my syn standard guitar and boss katana amp, SO upset about it ;( Honestly I think Synner is a really cool and interesting site, Syn Gates be like my favorite mofo ever so pretty cool learning from him and Papa Syn lol. Although, I would like to watch synTV buut i always miss the streams or episodes idk if im just stupid or what but that'd be tight. No cap there's not really anything i dislike, but the lessons from Papa Gates, in the first few lessons, seems a little choppy just kind of hard to navigate on phone, laptop should be easier though. UH, for real i think you guys/gals will improve, i have no idea how, but something about this site is special, and you creators of it have potential to sky rocket. I hope one day i get to meet some or atleast one of you mofos, A7X has made a huge impact on my life and inspired me to pick up the guitar i actually have one of Syn Gates standard, definitly gonna put some sustainic pick ups on tho. Well thank for your time hope you have a sinful day!

Reactions: Alicia Willis
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    I got kicked out of my house and thrown on a bus back to my home town, my family kept my syn standard guitar and boss katana amp, SO upset about it ;( Honestly I think Synner is a really cool and interesting site, Syn Gates be like my favorite mofo ever so pretty cool learning from him and Papa Syn lol. Although, I would like to watch synTV buut i always miss the streams or episodes idk if im just stupid or what but that'd be tight. No cap there's not really anything i dislike, but the lessons from Papa Gates, in the first few lessons, seems a little choppy just kind of hard to navigate on phone, laptop should be easier though. UH, for real i think you guys/gals will improve, i have no idea how, but something about this site is special, and you creators of it have potential to sky rocket. I hope one day i get to meet some or atleast one of you mofos, A7X has made a huge impact on my life and inspired me to pick up the guitar i actually have one of Syn Gates standard, definitly gonna put some sustainic pick ups on tho. Well thank for your time hope you have a sinful day!
    Damn man, sorry about your gear ! Thanks for the positive words though we really appreciate them !

SynTV hasn’t officially launched yet but it will very very soon !

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    If its choppy it's most likely your wifi connection. I dont remember the videos ever pixallating on me for any other reason but that.