• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Were there guitars with fading pinstripes

Sento

New Student
Jun 4, 2021
Hey guys,
I am currently looking for what guitar to buy, and planned to most likely go for the Syn Custom S, maybe black gold, maybe white black, not sure yet.
I heard something, that there was a model once, I think it was for the black and golden ones, where the pinstripes faded.
Was this a thing, or is it still a thing? OR was it just some people being bad at caring for their instrument.
I really love the paint job and the sound, and want to get the guitar, but I don´t want to get surprised by fading paint.

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    It kinda makes sense, at least to us normal people ahahah xD

Oh, and I think you missed out that I said any model with the gold stripes were affected. Not just black/gold. The white/gold too xD
    Oh I missread that, silly me!

Then IDK, maybe indeed the gold stripes just fade because of paint or maybe it's because yellow-ish colors attract the sun too... guess we shall never really know...

Upvote 0

Muz Malek

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Singapore
    www.instagram.com
    Oh I missread that, silly me!

Then IDK, maybe indeed the gold stripes just fade because of paint or maybe it's because yellow-ish colors attract the sun too... guess we shall never really know...
    The gold coating on the upper part of my Dark Night's bridge pickup's beginning to fade a little, and I'm sad. But it's expected because that's where most of the action is, and the Dark Night, as pricey as it is, has been my workhorse and companion since I got it 8 months ago hahaha. Making every penny count!!

• Love
    Reactions: Rad Synner
    Upvote 0

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    The gold coating on the upper part of my Dark Night's bridge pickup's beginning to fade a little, and I'm sad. But it's expected because that's where most of the action is, and the Dark Night, as pricey as it is, has been my workhorse and companion since I got it 8 months ago hahaha. Making every penny count!!
    Yes but see, at this point, doesn't that make it even more your guitar? Because by all these little wearing details, they are truly always gonna be unique specifically to you and they appear because you put it to good work!

So while it's sad that it's not in perfect pristine condition, at the same time, doesn't that mean that you truly made it your own and that no one else on the planet has the guitar that you have?

I don't know! I feel like there is a certain beauty to imperfection. After all, who would you trust most, a knight in bright shiny armor who has not even a dent or a knight in battle worn armor that still stands tall?

Upvote 0

Muz Malek

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Singapore
    www.instagram.com
    Yes but see, at this point, doesn't that make it even more your guitar? Because by all these little wearing details, they are truly always gonna be unique specifically to you and they appear because you put it to good work!

So while it's sad that it's not in perfect pristine condition, at the same time, doesn't that mean that you truly made it your own and that no one else on the planet has the guitar that you have?

I don't know! I feel like there is a certain beauty to imperfection. After all, who would you trust most, a knight in bright shiny armor who has not even a dent or a knight in battle worn armor that still stands tall?
    Yes. I've always advised people against buying bank-busting guitars, but this Dark Night is an exception for me, not because of biasness, but it's really worth every penny xD

A perfect way to celebrate my 10 years of guitar journey haha

• Haha
    Reactions: Rad Synner
    Upvote 0

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    Yes. I've always advised people against buying bank-busting guitars, but this Dark Night is an exception for me, not because of biasness, but it's really worth every penny xD

A perfect way to celebrate my 10 years of guitar journey haha
    I tried many high end guitars and they aren't as perfect as everyone makes them out to be, lemme say that.... but, dude you decided to treat yo self and I think thats good! Let's hope Syn's gonna make an even more bad ass one in 10 years to celebrate you 20 years of guitar!

On my end, i dream of a model Royal purple with gold stripes and gold hardware.... call it the ''Synyster Prince''!

Reactions: Muz Malek
    Upvote 0
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Jeremy Healey

Hot Topic Tourer
    Legend+
    Legend
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Newfoundland and Labrador
    Do you regular bring it out for gigs & stuff? It kinda depends on how heavily you use it too on a daily basis - be it home setting or gig setting.
    The only action it sees is me sitting at home practicing lol. In my band I drum! Otherwise, my guitars are either hung on the wall or stored in their cases

Upvote 0