• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

What are you currently listening to?

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    Fresh MAIDEN!

This young indie band sounds lovely, I am sure they will go far!

All joke aside, it's pretty good though I would say that it sounds like standard Maiden. Not that that in itself is bad, AC/DC have been sounding the same for decades and the quality is still up there but it just my feeling after a first listen.

Though I will note that the production... damn they really kept it old school because that is pure recording with, i believe, almost if no computer enhancing in there. It's all clearly a vibe recording as they aren't always tight but again, that's not a bad thing at all. It gives a very unique vibe that really serves Maiden well!

Up the irons!

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    This young indie band sounds lovely, I am sure they will go far!

All joke aside, it's pretty good though I would say that it sounds like standard Maiden. Not that that in itself is bad, AC/DC have been sounding the same for decades and the quality is still up there but it just my feeling after a first listen.

Though I will note that the production... damn they really kept it old school because that is pure recording with, i believe, almost if no computer enhancing in there. It's all clearly a vibe recording as they aren't always tight but again, that's not a bad thing at all. It gives a very unique vibe that really serves Maiden well!

Up the irons!
    The last few albums, they've done full backing tracks live, together, all at once, in iso rooms. Then they overdub non-scratch lead vocals and guitar solos, and anything else needed.

Reactions: Rad Synner

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    The last few albums, they've done full backing tracks live, together, all at once, in iso rooms. Then they overdub non-scratch lead vocals and guitar solos, and anything else needed.
    That makes sense! I think at this point they found what works best for them to get the tone and vibe that suits them!

Reactions: Ed Seith
    Synner Endless Summer Collection