• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

What are you currently listening to?

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Since this thread seems to be gone, I'm making a new one. Idk where it went haha.

But anyway, needles to say I fucking love the new Trivium album. This might be one of the best heavy metal albums in a while.

This song in particular, my fucking god...

Yes yes yes. That breakdown.

• Love
    Reactions: Daniel Sobota
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    In addition to the new Trivium (which slays), I've also been listening to a playlist put out by James Gunn (writer/director of Guardians of the Galaxy 1/2). It's called "Meredith Quill's Complete Awesome Mix" and it includes all the songs he's used in the GotG films, as well as a curated list of other songs that haven't made the cut (yet) but may be in GotG 3. Most of these songs I know from my childhood growing up in the backseat of mom's car in the 70s.

One song, in particular, stood out for me. Now, some of you may have heard of a duo called Hall & Oates. Basic pop/soul duo where one of them seems to do everything and the other is just sort of there. Well, at least, that's how I remembered it. Listening to this song, it's crystal clear that John Oates was no Andrew Ridgely (look him up). Dude can REALLY sing and has a ton of soul. I'm starting to feel like in the early days of video and MTV (pre- Michael Jackson), John Oates' contribution to the duo were downplayed. It's no secret that MTV was overwhelmingly white - exclusively so - until Michael Jackson just got too fucking massive to be ignored by them, but I didn't realize how that might have played out for a mixed group, like Hall and Oates.

Listen to this song, especially with headphones on. This is a master class in how two hetero guys can sing a duet of a love song, and it's fucking perfect.