• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

What are you currently listening to?

Jason Dunbar

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Apr 18, 2021
    Seattle
    Because I can be a little obsessive/nerd out on these things, I've started creating playlists of my top plays from the previous month (app is called PlayTally in case you're interested). It's really nice being able to listen through a mix that's guaranteed to be all songs I love with a good variety. Thought I'd share my top plays from May:

Top 30 Songs
    1. Main Titles (Beetlejuice) - Danny Elfman (I racked up these plays in about 2 days haha)
    2. I Am a Viking - Yngwie Malmsteen
    3. Crucified - Ghost
    4. Pull Me Under - Dream Theater
    5. Seventh Sign - Yngwie Malmsteen
    6. Dead Man's Party - Oingo Boingo
    7. Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
    8. Rats - Ghost
    9. Far Beyond the Sun (Live) - Yngwie Malmsteen
    10. Creeping Death - Metallica
    11. Kid Charlemagne - Steely Dan
    12. Metropolis, Pt. 1: The Miracle and the Sleeper - Dream Theater
    13. Mary on a Cross - Ghost
    14. Hallowed Be Thy Name - Iron Maiden
    15. Queen in Love - Yngwie Malmsteen
    16. Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd
    17. Catastrophist - Trivium
    18. With a Little Help From My Friends - The Beatles
    19. Aces High - Iron Maiden
    20. It Don't Mean a Thing - Jimmy Rosenberg
    21. Slow Dancing in a Burning Room - John Mayer
    22. Another Brick in the Wall, Pt. 2 - Pink Floyd
    23. Cliffs of Dover - Eric Johnson
    24. Trilogy Suite Op: 5 - Yngwie Malmsteen
    25. Unholy Confessions - Avenged Sevenfold
    26. Only a Lad - Oingo Boingo
    27. Texas Flood - Stevie Ray Vaughan
    28. Square Hammer - Ghost
    29. Play This When I'm Gone - Machine Gun Kelly
    30. Beyond Oblivion - Trivium
    Top 15 Artists
    1. Yngwie Malmsteen
    2. Avenged Sevenfold
    3. Ghost
    4. Trivium
    5. Metallica
    6. Pink Floyd
    7. Pantera
    8. Danny Elfman
    9. Dream Theater
    10. The Beatles
    11. Iron Maiden
    12. Frank Gambale
    13. Steely Dan
    14. Frank Zappa
    15. Oingo Boingo

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    There's no video, but official audio is on streaming platforms. Matt Heafy from Trivium did a super-mega-thrash version of Richard Marx's "Right Here Waiting," the 80s power ballad.

Marx volunteered to sing it, so it's a duet.

I can't take it seriously, but it fucking rules.

Donovan Etue

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State
    For the last few months I've been enjoying watching vocal coaches react to *insert popular song with a talented vocalist here* . I've been finding awesome vocalists/bands this way. I've also been somewhat paying attention to the coaches describing the techniques, how to achieve them, how to improve, yada yada. Leading me to start practicing a little bit of singing at night when everyone else is asleep. That leads me to watching videos on different voice types, which leads to me finding extraordinary examples of people with these voice types. One of the videos showed a small clip of Faouzia belting out a 1 octave jump and making it sound effortless. I managed to find the video they took the clip from and I've been watching the entire show daily. She's such a talented singer with an incredible voice! It's a simple half hour long recording of her singing a few of her pop songs with her singing and a pianist playing on a beautiful sounding piano. Definitely one worth checking out!

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Had this one stuck in my head since it released. Super excited for new Volbeat stuff, they've quickly become one of my fav bands (especially the older stuff with that rockabilly vibe, reminds me of all the stuff I grew up on lol).

Volbeat is great live. One of the things they like to do is call all the young kids (think 12 and under) up to the stage for one song. They give them time to get up there. And then they play one song with the kids up there, so the kids can really FEEL what it's like to be onstage during a metal show. Their intention is to inspire more young musicians, and I really can't think of a better way to do that!