• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

What are you currently listening to?

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Matt Wildcat

The Fierce Deity
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    UK

Oh boy have I got a weird one for you all today! So a bit of context - This music comes from Borderlands 3 (Of course it's gaming), and is part of a special event that just got brought back. There's 12 different parts, and it's very synth based and has a lot of retro vibes (But I cannot for the life of me think of the genre atm, lol). Personal fav is the ending track, Sunset on Cartel Island - It really reminds me of parts of November Rain, which some of you may know holds a very dear place to me, given my mum adored this song. I hope you enjoy this weird lil trip! 🤘 💀 🤘

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    (But I cannot for the life of me think of the genre atm, lol).
    It's labeled like Synthwave-synthpop. I like darkwave myself sometimes. Either something-wave or synth-something is what I use in the search terms thing when I look for stuff similar sounding and retro is another one

Reactions: Matt Wildcat

Matt Wildcat

The Fierce Deity
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    UK
    It's labeled like Synthwave-synthpop. I like darkwave myself sometimes. Either something-wave or synth-something is what I use in the search terms thing when I look for stuff similar sounding and retro is another one
    Ah, that sounds about right! Morning brain refused to cooperate lol. I've heard the term Vaporwave thrown around a bit, especially when used to describe that part of the game. It's definitely something different for me but very cool!

Reactions: William B.

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Ah, that sounds about right! Morning brain refused to cooperate lol. I've heard the term Vaporwave thrown around a bit, especially when used to describe that part of the game. It's definitely something different for me but very cool!
    Yeah if you get that in the algorithm, it's like the start of a rabbit hole. I think I got that first as well. Sometimes I hear cool stuff that could be cool on guitar. Sometimes slowing down or speeding up songs is neat. I speed up The Stage 2x normal and it's crazy.