• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

What are you working on?

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
Just out of my own curiosity and interest in other people's musical interests I'm wondering what everyone is working on.

personally I'm working through a list of songs I've made a while ago. At the moment I'm almost finished learning Paradigm and the next song from the list is Out Of My Mind by John Mayer Trio. I effectively have 19 songs to go still. I also am gonna work on my entry for the contest in the coming week.

How about you guys and girls?

Last edited:

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    Ohh love this ! I’m currently working on.....motivation 😂
    Seriously though, I’ve not been practicing like I should, just a little funky slump but it’s all good.
    When I do play I’m still working on Seize the Day (feels futile at the moment but it’ll get there one day), buried alive, and slide practice with papas lessons.
    Also trying to memorize the damn notes on the fretboard without having to start with the open string and go up each fret to figure out wtf I’m playing. 🤣

Synner Endless Summer Collection

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    Uff, got two Covers in mind I want to make and need to find Motivation to continue with the Lessons.
    Also my Song isn't finished but I hit a wall. It's basicly written but I struggle to record it.
    Aah coolio! Which covers do you have in mind?

Awesome that you wrote a song, recording can happen when it happens right?

Reactions: Dominik Gräber

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    Ohh love this ! I’m currently working on.....motivation 😂
    Seriously though, I’ve not been practicing like I should, just a little funky slump but it’s all good.
    When I do play I’m still working on Seize the Day (feels futile at the moment but it’ll get there one day), buried alive, and slide practice with papas lessons.
    Also trying to memorize the damn notes on the fretboard without having to start with the open string and go up each fret to figure out wtf I’m playing. 🤣
    Haha, we all struggle with motivation sometimes. Everyone has moments where the motivation to practice just isn't there.

You will definitely nail seize the day in due time! If it's not today it may be tomorrow who knows. I guess we'll be up for a free bird cover soon?

Ooh, fretboard memorization is such a useful tool! I think CJ is working on that right now as well 👌

• Love
    Reactions: Alicia Willis

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Aah coolio! Which covers do you have in mind?

Awesome that you wrote a song, recording can happen when it happens right?
    One by rhcp and one by Samurai (Refused actually, Samurai is the Band "formed" in cyberpunk 2077)

It's the same Song I shared a lot of stuff from already. I can play it pretty well for the most Part but really struggle with timing. Can't get a satisfyingly synched dual guitar Track.

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    One by rhcp and one by Samurai (Refused actually, Samurai is the Band "formed" in cyberpunk 2077)

It's the same Song I shared a lot of stuff from already. I can play it pretty well for the most Part but really struggle with timing. Can't get a satisfyingly synched dual guitar Track.
    Aah cool!

Your timing has gotten a lot better recently so I'm sure you'll get a satisfying dual guitar track!