• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

What are you working on?

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
I've been working full time on Beat It's solo for the last two months. It's very challenging as I'm not a shredder, I can't really play it by now but practicing pays, I can now play it with a metronome at 75% speed. I'm so happy 😆
Awesome! Love Beat it! Funny story, Ed actually recorded that for free and didn't want any royalties for it which is pretty remarkable if you think about it.

• Wow
Reactions: Nocturne

Sellyykk

New Student
Nov 23, 2020
Turkey
Just out of my own curiosity and interest in other people's musical interests I'm wondering what everyone is working on.

personally I'm working through a list of songs I've made a while ago. At the moment I'm almost finished learning Paradigm and the next song from the list is Out Of My Mind by John Mayer Trio. I effectively have 19 songs to go still. I also am gonna work on my entry for the contest in the coming week.

How about you guys and girls?
Welllll I’m currently working on Heretic and Unholy Confessions! Then I’ll work on I won’t see you tonight pt. 1&2

Reactions: idssdi
Synner Endless Summer Collection

Matt Wildcat

The Fierce Deity
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    UK
    I have so many things that I started working on and then just kinda... stopped 😂 The main things I was working on were Heretic, sweeps/Not Ready to Die and working out a few video game themes by ear. Got the themes done, did fairly well with Heretic, sweeping still needs a lot of work. Now I'm going back to basics, learning the fretboard, working on general technique and trying to get back into a decent schedule!

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    I have so many things that I started working on and then just kinda... stopped 😂 The main things I was working on were Heretic, sweeps/Not Ready to Die and working out a few video game themes by ear. Got the themes done, did fairly well with Heretic, sweeping still needs a lot of work. Now I'm going back to basics, learning the fretboard, working on general technique and trying to get back into a decent schedule!
    I know the feeling😅

Heretic is cool and I'm sure you'll get the sweeps Eventually! I also like the video game theme idea!

Fretboard knowledge very much in handy when you're trying to improv and just having an overall understanding of the instrument so good idea to work on that!

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Brian Haner Sr.

Papa
    Staff member
    Legend+
    Fucking Legend
    Nov 11, 2019
    I hate to admit it, but I literally haven't touched a guitar in 6 months. We moved this last year and I am doing a lot of work on the new house. I do try to make time everyday to play piano. I am working on stride hand - which is kind of old school jazz or ragtime.
    I'm enjoying it very much and it's giving me a well-needed break from the guitar. Everything I am learning on piano will inform my guitar playing when I get back to it. And I will. I have taken a few breaks from guitar over the years. It clears my head and allows me to approach it with fresh ears and fresh ideas.

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    I hate to admit it, but I literally haven't touched a guitar in 6 months. We moved this last year and I am doing a lot of work on the new house. I do try to make time everyday to play piano. I am working on stride hand - which is kind of old school jazz or ragtime.
    I'm enjoying it very much and it's giving me a well-needed break from the guitar. Everything I am learning on piano will inform my guitar playing when I get back to it. And I will. I have taken a few breaks from guitar over the years. It clears my head and allows me to approach it with fresh ears and fresh ideas.
    That's awesome! I'd love to learn how to play piano properly. I think everyone goes to phases where they don't play guitar as much as they'd hope for whatever reason tbh

That's also a good point you make, other instruments can definitely make you approach playing guitar a little differently 😅